Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    its my final decision this time. i've just visited both....its for Management/Business Administration. which do u think has better links with industry?? and which do u think employers would prefer?? also, advice on life at the unis in general pls! thanx

ReputationRep:
    Warwick - it's great!

ReputationRep:
    I think in every way u look at it u'd see that warwick's better!!!!
    Better Business school
    More recognized
    Nicer Campus
    etc...

ReputationRep:
    Warzick all the way.

(Original post by wonkey)
    its my final decision this time. i've just visited both....its for Management/Business Administration. which do u think has better links with industry?? and which do u think employers would prefer?? also, advice on life at the unis in general pls! thanx
    Bath has great links with industry and is renowned for its sandwich year programmes. One obvious question you should ask yourself is, how important is nightlife to you? If its important then you should consider how happy you would be at Warwick which is very isolated as opposed to bath which had some good clubs and bars. Both are great uni's, I think that you should pick the one that you would be happiest at!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    I think in every way u look at it u'd see that warwick's better!!!!
    Better Business school
    More recognized
    Nicer Campus
    etc...
    i am also having to make this decision but for a languages degree... i would say warwick has a slightly better campus but in a worse area; i dont know what your course is like but i prefer bath's, though warwick may be considered more prestigious by employers...go with your instinct. which accommodation/social life do you think you would prefer by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Bath has great links with industry and is renowned for its sandwich year programmes. One obvious question you should ask yourself is, how important is nightlife to you? If its important then you should consider how happy you would be at Warwick which is very isolated as opposed to bath which had some good clubs and bars. Both are great uni's, I think that you should pick the one that you would be happiest at!!!
    nightlife is necessary but i'm not one of those people who die for it. i'm not fussed with warwick's nightlife altho i assume Bath's is better. warwick always seems to sound better than Bath, but open day at Bath today sounded really good........the prob is, its no good only a handful of ppl realise how good its sandwich courses r......i'm not sure about employability?? hmmmm :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by italianmark)
    i am also having to make this decision but for a languages degree... i would say warwick has a slightly better campus but in a worse area; i dont know what your course is like but i prefer bath's, though warwick may be considered more prestigious by employers...go with your instinct. which accommodation/social life do you think you would prefer by the way?
    warwicks accom is def better, if not the best. but i only saw westwood at bath, didn't really fancy it, but i've heard solsbury is gd. social life.....probs bath will be better, and with Bristol so nearby......but i don't mind warwicks either. Baths course sounds better........
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    warwicks accom is def better, if not the best. but i only saw westwood at bath, didn't really fancy it, but i've heard solsbury is gd. social life.....probs bath will be better, and with Bristol so nearby......but i don't mind warwicks either. Baths course sounds better........
    But Warwick has the best rep for Econ... by a long way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    But Warwick has the best rep for Econ... by a long way!
    i'm not talking bout econ tho am i?! lol

ReputationRep:
    welll its very good for both economics and business courses, its got a very good business school

up to u tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Streetwize)
    welll its very good for both economics and business courses, its got a very good business school

up to u tho
    thx, but i do know warwick is great........but from the sounds of things, Bath seem to have a very strong link with the industry, whereas warwick is better uni as a whole........

ReputationRep:
    Bath has better links with Industry. Wouldn't call much between them for employment.

Bath is great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Bath has better links with Industry. Wouldn't call much between them for employment.

Bath is great.
    hey bigcnee, just the person i'm looking for........can u tell me which accomodation is gd? cos i was shown Westwood today with the pods, and the students were saying its one of the best accomodation, but i didnt really like it. they said the newest one...Solsbury?! is meant to be really nice and quite big. i'm only really looking for ensuite, and they seem to be really cheap. where did u stay?

ReputationRep:
    hey bigcnee, just the person i'm looking for........can u tell me which accomodation is gd? cos i was shown Westwood today with the pods, and the students were saying its one of the best accomodation, but i didnt really like it. they said the newest one...Solsbury?! is meant to be really nice and quite big. i'm only really looking for ensuite, and they seem to be really cheap. where did u stay?
    Haha, @ Westwood. It's probably third (albeit by a LONG way).

Avoid:

Norwood
    Eastwood
    Westwood

None have proper ensuite and are reasonably old.

Go for:

Solsbury
    Marlborough

These are the new buildings, all with ensuite and are in excellent condition.

I stay in Solsbury.

ReputationRep:
    lol, i was thinking Solsbury for 1st choice.....but theres always a down side....the fact that its split session, gotta move stuff too often. but i guess i don't mind. but the other thing is not being able to take car up there......hmmm.......i'm allowed to drive my stuff up and down though aren't i?! i just didn't really c anywhere near the accom for my car to go to transport stuff if u c wot i mean!
    also......i've heard theres NO TESCOS! tragic.........haha

ReputationRep:
    I am at Warwick. The business school is very good, and has a very good reputation. The nightlife is not bad. There are union events on every evening: e.g Soul Nation, Top Banana (free cheese), Score (sports and Britpop), and Heat (int music). Leamington is very good for nightclubs and many live there after the second year.

The sandwich scheme at Bath is very good though, especially if you get it with a good company. But I think you can get internships with businesses in the 2nd year, and a lot of Warwick students do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saxman)
    I am at Warwick. The business school is very good, and has a very good reputation. The nightlife is not bad. There are union events on every evening: e.g Soul Nation, Top Banana (free cheese), Score (sports and Britpop), and Heat (int music). Leamington is very good for nightclubs and many live there after the second year.

The sandwich scheme at Bath is very good though, especially if you get it with a good company. But I think you can get internships with businesses in the 2nd year, and a lot of Warwick students do.
    hey saxman....yeah i e-mailed warwick to ask if they'd allow for a placement year. they said yes but i have to find it myself, and i doubt i'll get much support. having heard at Bath today.......bath give students alot of support and interview techniques etc....which sounds quite useful. i've been to warwick a couple of times, so i'm quite familiar with the union, its really nice! so would u choose bath or warwick in my situation?!

ReputationRep:
    lol, i was thinking Solsbury for 1st choice.....but theres always a down side....the fact that its split session, gotta move stuff too often. but i guess i don't mind. but the other thing is not being able to take car up there......hmmm.......i'm allowed to drive my stuff up and down though aren't i?! i just didn't really c anywhere near the accom for my car to go to transport stuff if u c wot i mean!
    also......i've heard theres NO TESCOS! tragic.........haha
    Split sessional is what you make of it.

There is a good chance that you'll make friends with someone that'll allow you to store your stuff at theirs over Easter (sometimes with an added "friendship" charge)

The car things shouldn't really be a problem. The buses are regular and cheap (it can get ridiculously cheap if you know how ). Bath is very bad for traffic anyway, so a car is fairly redundant.

We order our shopping from Tescos online (which works out cheaper than going to town (or "Fresh")).

(Solsbury and Marlborough have broadband connections of 100Mbps, which has its pro's and con's )

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, thats so cool, i'm glad ur telling me the good stuff!! cos i can't live without Tescos personally, lol but if i must, Sainsburys will do...

only solsbury and marlborough have that speed?? what r the rest then?! is it same price across all accom though?? is it £80 or something?

Thanx

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 11, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.