The Student Room Group

GCSE Past Papers, Material and Requests Thread

Scroll to see replies

-deleted
--deleted
Hey, I was wondering if there are any free sources of which I can obtain these papers with their mark schemes.

I would also like to know the grade %'s for Higher tier GCSE Maths.

I am interested in the %'s required to achieve an A, A* and B
does anyone know what the overall grade boundaries/percentages are for this gcse? esp. what i need for an a or a*. i know they change every year but it would still give me a idea :smile: x
i said the January paper that we did as practice in class. The June one was really actually hard, but overall.. with low grade boundaries and a/a* is quite easy to achieve.
Reply 145
I must have done really badly in my biology exam, since I only got 23/50 UMS hah. Retook and got 35 or something; I hate biology :frown:.
Reply 146
Does anybody have the mark scheme for the 'listening and responding paper' for that year's paper....

One of the last questions include the topic of :

- Une Annonce a la radio

- Une sortie
Reply 147
Ihategcse
i said the January paper that we did as practice in class. The June one was really actually hard, but overall.. with low grade boundaries and a/a* is quite easy to achieve.

Hmm I thought the June one was easier. All the questions were doable, but in the Jan paper there was that horrible one about developing photos. This is assuming you're doing AQA.
hey all,
does anyone know where i can get ahold of last years higher gcse maths edexcel paper i plan on resitting.

Many thanks
hey all,
does anyone know where i can get ahold of last years higher gcse maths edexcel paper i plan on resitting.

Many thanks
Reply 150
speak to someone in the maths department of your school?
school been shut for the last two weeks man!!
Yeah, there's another thread asking the same thing and the links are on there. Try typing something like 'gcse maths edexcel higher june 2008' into the search engine in the top left on the page. x
Reply 153
lola1993
does anyone know what the overall grade boundaries/percentages are for this gcse? esp. what i need for an a or a*. i know they change every year but it would still give me a idea :smile: x

I don't know for this particular GCSE, but as a general rule at GCSE:
90% = A*
80% = A

and so on, moving down 10% for each grade :]
Reply 154
Konnifer
I don't know for this particular GCSE, but as a general rule at GCSE:
90% = A*
80% = A

and so on, moving down 10% for each grade :]

Really? I thought the rule was more like:

70-75% = A
80-85% = A*

For most GCSEs I think that's the case but some like Science modules have 90% as A*.
Yeah, I did aqa.. i agree on the photo one.. i struggled but the others were easy.. I found they were either common sense (well not for just anyone) this is presuming you're an average year 11/10 student of some little prior knowledge.. and most of the answers were right in the question..

The June one was hard because I had to skip 3/4 question. Still got A*. One of them (empirical formula) i knew how to do it but i was not 100% sure... and after the test i had to teach my teacher.. saddening lol :smile:
Reply 156
kai4321
Really? I thought the rule was more like:

70-75% = A
80-85% = A*

For most GCSEs I think that's the case but some like Science modules have 90% as A*.

It's true of when I sat my GCSEs 3 years ago, things may have changed.
I think modules are higher because there is less to revise so its easier to get more right (:
Reply 158
could you send me the paper please? :smile:
Reply 159
I wud dude, but i only have my marked script..... and i don't have the tape

Quick Reply

Latest