Turn on thread page Beta

Reading Festival 2004 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right, who's got their tickets already? Going to be even better than last year (Who could forget Good Charlotte's bottleing and 'Hulk Mania').

Anyone any ideas on who is meant to be playing this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiffmaster)
    Right, who's got their tickets already? Going to be even better than last year (Who could forget Good Charlotte's botteling and 'Hulk Mania').

Anyone any ideas on who is meant to be playing this year?
    deffo going again, 3rd year in a row :cool:

Beastie Boys are strong rumours, as are Offspring, Darkness, Blink 182 and The Ataris

hopefuly this will be even better

ReputationRep:
    anyone got hold of the advance tickets? i think iam goin to wait for the proper ones.

looks well good, aint been b4, cant wait

ReputationRep:
    i'm already going to the chilis at Hyde park so i might not go this yr - what is the line up for reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsthebadger)
    anyone got hold of the advance tickets? i think iam goin to wait for the proper ones.

Yep, got 3 for me and my mates (obviously, they're paying me back!)
    Go to firstcall.co.uk or aloud.com for genuine tickets, which are on sale now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsthebadger)

stargreen are very reliable and have tickets on sale

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    i'm already going to the chilis at Hyde park so i might not go this yr - what is the line up for reading
    You mean you are going to see the PIXIES :eek: Chilis should support the PIXIES, not the other way round.

ReputationRep:
    You mean you are going to see the PIXIES :eek: Chilis should support the PIXIES, not the other way round.
    This is true

Yeh reading again, shame theres no metallica this year.

ReputationRep:
    best bands of last year for me were:

AFI; just so much energy, amazing live band, just unbelievable
    Metallica: what an experience and what a show!

year before that:

Offspring
    No Use For a Name
    NOFX

but you don't need to see any bands to enjoy the festival, it's such a great experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    This is true

Yeh reading again, shame theres no metallica this year.
    there's always Download, which is in Glasgow this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    best bands of last year for me were:

AFI; just so much energy, amazing live band, just unbelievable
    Metallica: what an experience and what a show!

year before that:

Offspring
    No Use For a Name
    NOFX

but you don't need to see any bands to enjoy the festival, it's such a great experience
    Wouldnt go that far mate, Id find it incredibly tedious if we didnt see any bands. All you do is sit around drinking all day and then watching bands anyway...

Best bands of reading 2003 ...linkin park..metallica...the ataris...lagwagon..blink182..sum 41 cant remember many of the rest

Its also alot later this year, 29th of august isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    The Guns and Roses performance at Leeds was awesome...

I think white stripes are strongly rumoured to be headlining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)

Are you bloody joking. White stripes, if they do go, will be one of the worst bands there. Theyll be lucky of they get a slot after 4pm on any day.

ReputationRep:
    has any1 heard anything about the leeds festival or is it a no-go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)

no way White Stripes will headline, for a start they are painfuly average, and they just don't have the fanbase for it

if the Beastie Boys play they will headline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    has any1 heard anything about the leeds festival or is it a no-go?
    Leeds is for amateurs

the 1 all of the bands want to play in is Reading

ReputationRep:
    lol - no way - although i love the pixies as well - they re-formed and have taken america by storm - but i think this could be RHCP's farewell tour. hmm ... pixies ... DEBASER, Here comes your man, velouria etc. great songs - i really hope they play DEBASER at least twice :cool:

ReputationRep:
    yay, i should be going to Reading this Year......i only going there to see my fav' band Blink 182. I would like to go for the whole weekend, but its really expensive. Last year was great, there was a really good atmosphere....tho the food and drink there was really expensive!!!

My two friends are seeing Offspring in Wembley tomorrow, and i told them i don't wanna go...they seen pretty piss off...they said Offspring are the best Live band ......anyone seen them Live can confirm that????.....i don't see what the hype is all about???

ReputationRep:
    yay, i should be going to Reading this Year......i am only going there to see my fav' band Blink 182. I would like to go for the whole weekend, but its really expensive. Last year was great, there was a really good atmosphere....tho the food and drink there was really expensive!!!

My two friends are seeing Offspring in Wembley tomorrow, and i told them i don't wanna go...they seen pretty piss off...they said Offspring are the best Live band ......anyone seen them Live can confirm that????.....i don't see what the hype is all about???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    yay, i should be going to Reading this Year......i only going there to see my fav' band Blink 182. I would like to go for the whole weekend, but its really expensive. Last year was great, there was a really good atmosphere....tho the food and drink there was really expensive!!!

they played at Reading 2 years ago, they are amazing live and very funny as well

i'm seing them at Wembley as well

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.