Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    best bands of last year for me were:

AFI; just so much energy, amazing live band, just unbelievable
    Metallica: what an experience and what a show!

year before that:

Offspring
    No Use For a Name
    NOFX

but you don't need to see any bands to enjoy the festival, it's such a great experience
    AFI were great...soooo loud. They won't come this year, as Davey (vocals) has been told to stop singing for a while, or risk 'permanent serious damage to vocal chords!'. Why no Metallica though!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiffmaster)
    AFI were great...soooo loud. They won't come this year, as Davey (vocals) has been told to stop singing for a while, or risk 'permanent serious damage to vocal chords!'. Why no Metallica though!?
    they will play at Download instead

doesn't surprise me about Davey HAvok, that guy is mental, his voice is amazing though, top live band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    yay, i should be going to Reading this Year......i only going there to see my fav' band Blink 182. I would like to go for the whole weekend, but its really expensive. Last year was great, there was a really good atmosphere....tho the food and drink there was really expensive!!!

My two friends are seeing Offspring in Wembley tomorrow, and i told them i don't wanna go...they seen pretty piss off...they said Offspring are the best Live band ......anyone seen them Live can confirm that????.....i don't see what the hype is all about???
    My mate's going to Offspring as well, have to ask him what it's like. Still, going to see Hundred Reasons (supported by Biffy Clyro- who i've seen 5 times) and also Incubus later on..friend may be able to get us VIP...like he did for Iron Maiden (YAY..Free beer!!!). Sorry for making you all so jellous

Oh and about White Stripes...what a load of crap, 2 drums, 3 chords. I think Jack White's still in prison though for his assault on the Von Bondies singer, so White Stripes can't play (GOOD!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiffmaster)
    Metallica are gods, they dont need to play the same festival over and over again. They do it so that the next time people see that theyre going everyone wants to go..like, anticipation sort of thing. ****ing hell what im saying is making no sense, im sotired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Metallica are gods, they dont need to play the same festival over and over again. They do it so that the next time people see that theyre going everyone wants to go..like, anticipation sort of thing. ****ing hell what im saying is making no sense, im sotired.
    Metallica arent gods to me per ce but they are legendary and i love some of their old stuff - the black album is v. cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    Metallica arent gods to me per ce but they are legendary and i love some of their old stuff - the black album is v. cool
    who has seen Mad capsule markets live? That's mental stuff...

ReputationRep:
    MASTER OF PUPPETS!

ReputationRep:
    I would love to see Metallica, Pantera and Slayer play a gig...then I could wear a mullet wig and get beaten up by 40 yr old bikers/neo-facist skin heads

ReputationRep:
    Master of puppets is an amazing song/album

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Master of puppets is an amazing song/album
    yep

went when GnR were playing in europe for first time in 9 years.. aparently. never been since. surely its the wetherby festival now anyway.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Best source for line-up rumours: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php

Although lets face it Reading isn't a true festival, it's just a gig in a carpark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Best source for line-up rumours: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php

Although lets face it Reading isn't a true festival, it's just a gig in a carpark
    yeah but its a good gig in a car park

i thought it was really good last year. prob going to it again this year, and prob glastonbury to.

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha. lol. I actually thought this was some kind of book festival thread. hahahha.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ollie)
    yeah but its a good gig in a car park

i thought it was really good last year. prob going to it again this year, and prob glastonbury to.
    Tickets released on 1st April at 8pm via phoneline or aloud.com only - 2 tickets per household and payment by debit card only...tickets will contain details of your address too so will be non-transferable.

8pm my nerves aren't going to hold up this yr....has to be the worst april fools joke ever

ReputationRep:

Reading > dirty hippy glasto

although i may go to glasto for 1 day so i can see Oasis :cool:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Reading > dirty hippy glasto

although i may go to glasto for 1 day so i can see Oasis :cool:
    at least glasto has decent clean long drops instead of row upon row of s**tty turdis's

Last year I only went to the main stages on the friday night (couldn't resist the lure of REM) and sunday morning (glastonbury town band playing bohemian rhapsody with a crowd of very worse-for-wear people singing along ). God I love that place

ReputationRep:
    Tickets released on 1st April at 8pm via phoneline or aloud.com only - 2 tickets per household and payment by debit card only...tickets will contain details of your address too so will be non-transferable.

8pm my nerves aren't going to hold up this yr....has to be the worst april fools joke ever
    yeah lol, me and my friends are going to be manning the phones and the internet for hours trying to get tickets. i will physically cry if i cant get one

ReputationRep:
    no way White Stripes will headline, for a start they are painfuly average, and they just don't have the fanbase for it

if the Beastie Boys play they will headline
    What do you mean the white stripes havnt got the fan base? They're albumn was number one knocking linkin 'im a 12 year old greebo' off top spot.

They seemed to be doing pretty good two years ago at reading and that was before elephant. Ive been to see them five times now and its always been packed.

They won a brit for christs sake how much more main stream can you get.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MattG)
    yeah lol, me and my friends are going to be manning the phones and the internet for hours trying to get tickets. i will physically cry if i cant get one
    It's times like this when I thank god for broadband...although I have a feeling the phones will be more successfull - it took me from 9am-11:30am of constantly refreshing aloud.com last year to get my ticket.

Does this mean that I'll have to go to 3 internet forum meets while at glasto (oh dear god I'm such a nerd)?

I'll be on my own again (so much prefer glasto without the stress of dealing with other people) but I'll be camped under dad's flag on pennards hill with the e-festivals boarders like last year - and I'm sure I'll sort out another hootoo meet if only to swap farming exploits with bob the farmer (we don't grow potatoes )

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.