• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Did anybody think to look here?

http://www.readingfestival.com
    the efests website is better (F**k-the-) NME steal their rumours lists from it (without quoting their sources hence the prefix)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    the efests website is better (F**k-the-) NME steal their rumours lists from it (without quoting their sources hence the prefix)
    ha!

ah well, no doubt ill stand on your foot come the summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quinnbrakes)
    What do you mean the white stripes havnt got the fan base? They're albumn was number one knocking linkin 'im a 12 year old greebo' off top spot.

They seemed to be doing pretty good two years ago at reading and that was before elephant. Ive been to see them five times now and its always been packed.

They won a brit for christs sake how much more main stream can you get.
    busted won a brit doesn't mean they are a good rock band to headline Reading

also the likes of Peter Andre got to No1, does that make him good?

White Stripes aren't good enough, sorry

ReputationRep:
    and if Beastie Boys actualy do play, they will no doubt headline the festival, they are legends have been succesful for years.

The white stripes may headline 1 day and maybe 'The Offspring' will headline a day as well, but unfortunately something tells me 'The Darkness' may headline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Best source for line-up rumours: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php

Although lets face it Reading isn't a true festival, it's just a gig in a carpark
    Oh...it's little miss Glastenbury. Paul Mcartney this year is it...he's a clinger on, pushing things he did 40 years ago...and he's HEADLINING, is that the best they could do? Well, someone will probably have to wheel him on and off stage, now that he's so old!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiffmaster)
    Oh...it's little miss Glastenbury. Paul Mcartney this year is it...he's a clinger on, pushing things he did 40 years ago...and he's HEADLINING, is that the best they could do? Well, someone will probably have to wheel him on and off stage, now that he's so old!
    that guy is clinging on to any bit of fame these days, if that is all glasto can get then i don't think it's worth it.

and the e-festival site has always been very reliable in previous years

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be sooo skint this summer, as it is i already have tickets for the Chili's in Hyde Park, but I want to go to both Glastonbury AND V festival as well...nooo! At least I can save on Reading, I can hear it from my back garden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    I'm going to be sooo skint this summer, as it is i already have tickets for the Chili's in Hyde Park, but I want to go to both Glastonbury AND V festival as well...nooo! At least I can save on Reading, I can hear it from my back garden
    lol, not quite the same thing but that is pretty cool i suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    lol, not quite the same thing but that is pretty cool i suppose
    Well Reading isn't quite my type of music, I prefer indie stuff rather than heavy rock, so being able to hear bits is fine by me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Well Reading isn't quite my type of music, I prefer indie stuff rather than heavy rock, so being able to hear bits is fine by me!
    you do get the occasional indie band though, Blur last year, Pulp the year before....

ReputationRep:
    The white stripes may headline 1 day and maybe 'The Offspring' will headline a day as well, but unfortunately something tells me 'The Darkness' may headline
    White Stripes probably will headline a day (Saturday?) They were going to be co-headliners last year, after all. I personally think the Darkness would co-headline under AC/DC as they don't have enough material for a 2 hour slot, but then again the Strokes managed it in 2002...

ReputationRep:
    The line-up doesn't look as good as last years,
    oh wait that was just the Friday main stage i was looking at, with the exception of The Datsuns.

some excellent bands playing, Saturday looks good with Libs, BRMC etc... Sunday is on the whole laughable.

The Radio 1 stage, c'est excellent! The Polyphonic Spree, awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    The line-up doesn't look as good as last years,
    oh wait that was just the Friday main stage i was looking at, with the exception of The Datsuns.

some excellent bands playing, Saturday looks good with Libs, BRMC etc... Sunday is on the whole laughable.

The Radio 1 stage, c'est excellent! The Polyphonic Spree, awesome!
    hopefuly we can have the concrete jungle stage again

that was awesome last year

ReputationRep:
    hopefuly we can have the concrete jungle stage again

that was awesome last year
    I don't see why we wouldn't... it's been there for ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    I don't see why we wouldn't... it's been there for ages.
    yeah i meant it would be great to have it as good as it was onh one of the days last year(think it was saturday) we had the Ataris and loads of cool punk bands

ReputationRep:
    yeah i meant it would be great to have it as good as it was onh one of the days last year(think it was saturday) we had the Ataris and loads of cool punk bands
    I personally thought it was better the year before... last year I thought it was too much of a scenester frenzy (FFAF? Thrice? Poison The Well?)

ReputationRep:
    Out of the rumoured bands to be going, AC/DC will headline the whole thing if they go. The only other bands who have a chance of headlining a day...not the whole event are Blink182, Beastie Boys, Lost Prophets, Muse. No way will the darkness or white stripes headline. Last year the darkness played an early slot, and this year people will like them less as the novelty has really worn off. The White stripes? Nobody has ever been a big fan of them. last year metallica were taking the piss out of them during their set.

ReputationRep:
    hey
    i went last year but i can't remeber when the weekend tickets were sold out does anyone have an idea of when they will be sold out cuz i have to wait till i get money
    xx

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.