Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi im doing coursework on different self concepts that ppl give at ages 5, 11 and 18. ive basically had 10 subjects frm each age and got them to write 20 statements under the heading 'who am i' and now im catogarising them into physical and psychological statements. the idea is that the younger ones r supposed to give more abstract physical statements whereas the older groups more psychological.
    however im having trouble catagorizing the following

i like playing
    i like cats etc.

also some ppl have put their name so wot does this go.
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    hi im doing coursework on different self concepts that ppl give at ages 5, 11 and 18. ive basically had 10 subjects frm each age and got them to write 20 statements under the heading 'who am i' and now im catogarising them into physical and psychological statements. the idea is that the younger ones r supposed to give more abstract physical statements whereas the older groups more psychological.

i like playing
    i like cats etc.

cheers
    didnt u tell them not 2 put their name 4 confidentiality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    didnt u tell them not 2 put their name 4 confidentiality?
    no but they only put their first name - does that matter

ReputationRep:
    no but they only put their first name - does that matter
    yeh i think so....you don't have to submit all the results tho - just one ps i think - just use one who didnt write their name

ReputationRep:
    yeh i think so....you don't have to submit all the results tho - just one ps i think - just use one who didnt write their name
    oh are u sure my results include 30 pieces of paper lol. by the way cud any1 give me any ideas of wot to write in the ethical considerations as i can only think of 3 lines :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    oh are u sure my results include 30 pieces of paper lol. by the way cud any1 give me any ideas of wot to write in the ethical considerations as i can only think of 3 lines :rolleyes:
    informed consent? - won't have been informed so debriefing

deception

right to withdraw

ReputationRep:
    informed consent? - won't have been informed so debriefing

deception

right to withdraw
    ive not actually gone to schools to carry it out even though ive said this so i wont have proof that i did it

ReputationRep:
    ive not actually gone to schools to carry it out even though ive said this so i wont have proof that i did it
    you have to get written consent (and signature) from parents of any ps under 16

are u doin AQA?

ReputationRep:
    you have to get written consent (and signature) from parents of any ps under 16

are u doin AQA?
    yea but ive got 20 subjects under 16. i was thinkin of writing to schools gettin a reply as proof then cancelling coz ive already got my results

ReputationRep:
    yea but ive got 20 subjects under 16. i was thinkin of writing to schools gettin a reply as proof then cancelling coz ive already got my results
    why not just do the expt??

ReputationRep:
    why not just do the expt??
    coz its too late the cw has to be in in a week

ReputationRep:
    coz its too late the cw has to be in in a week
    oh :eek:

ReputationRep:
    oh :eek:
    Wud it be better if i did opportunity sampling and said i just asked 5 year olds at convenient times rather than saying i went to a school. or wud it sound a bit suspicious and require more ethical considerations

ReputationRep:
    Wud it be better if i did opportunity sampling and said i just asked 5 year olds at convenient times rather than saying i went to a school. or wud it sound a bit suspicious and require more ethical considerations
    wud be ok - you have to be able to provide parents sigs if they ask 4 them tho

ReputationRep:
    wud be ok - you have to be able to provide parents sigs if they ask 4 them tho
    k cheers for the advice

ReputationRep:
    k cheers for the advice
    no probs

ReputationRep:

i like playing
    i like cats etc.

cheers
    Both are psychological statements.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.