Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem. I'm in a perfectly nice group of friends and we have fun but i find myself exagerating the truth and i can't stop. I get angry at the slightest little thing and i have a go at people quite a lot - they stay friends with me and i'm quite popular with them but now i'm worried because i'll be going into college soon and don't know what i'll have to offer ppl...what if i end up with no1? please help me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by problems)
    I have a problem. I'm in a perfectly nice group of friends and we have fun but i find myself exagerating the truth and i can't stop. I get angry at the slightest little thing and i have a go at people quite a lot - they stay friends with me and i'm quite popular with them but now i'm worried because i'll be going into college soon and don't know what i'll have to offer ppl...what if i end up with no1? please help me.
    perhaps you should try and figure out why you lie, have you and your friends grown out of each other? And before you shout just think about what's happened. And the whole college thing, well, everybody has something to offer, especially if you're getting on with people now.

ReputationRep:
    o come on ppl give som advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    perhaps you should try and figure out why you lie, have you and your friends grown out of each other? And before you shout just think about what's happened. And the whole college thing, well, everybody has something to offer, especially if you're getting on with people now.
    yeah, you can't have friends if u have nothing to offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    yeah, you can't have friends if u have nothing to offer
    no but sometimes ppl feel down on themselves so they THINK they have nothing to offer. he/she must have if he/she already has friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    no but sometimes ppl feel down on themselves so they THINK they have nothing to offer. he/she must have if he/she already has friends.
    I know, i am agreeing with u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I know, i am agreeing with u
    o. sorry

ReputationRep:
    compulsive lying can be a terrible thing, just the other day i was saying the same thing to brad pitt while we were out shopping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by problems)
    We all get through life with a bit of bull***t now and again, that is human nature, everyone does it. If you are lying to cover up the exagerations already made you will get yourself into a right old mess. If you start telling a fib, ask yourself why, is it to make you more popular, to keep up with everyone else or because you want to out-do someone else? When you why you are doing it you will be able to stop. Chances are that your group of friends already know you do it, but like you anyway. It's probably only one negative thing about you when there are hundreds of positive things. Stop worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    compulsive lying can be a terrible thing, just the other day i was saying the same thing to brad pitt while we were out shopping.
    hahaha u so silly!

ReputationRep:
    Was that before or after Orlando Bloom and I had just come out of Harrods and spotted you?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.