Report 6 years ago
Personally I don't like the lose fit, so the tapered or the straight fit
clubber
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Sam00)
If I had to choose I would either go with the straight or tapered ones.

What is your build? slim, average, big?
average. Im about 5 foot 10.
clubber
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sam00)
Are you a fashion type of person or do you not really give a damn about fashion and just want a new pair of jeans?
I'm quite fashionable.

People just say that I look good in designer and I really do. Its something that also makes me confident.

For some reason, designer makes me look built because a lot of people ask me if I work out
clubber
Rep:
?
What do you think of these (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-Star-Raw...item460acfa0a9 )?
clubber
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sam00)
In all honesty they are tasteless
Sorry, what do you mean by 'tasteless'?
bobsta10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you are looking in the G-Star price range, I'd say go with Diesel or Levi.

If you aren't looking to spend that much, I'd recommend Topman, good quality and affordable.
clubber
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sam00)
Just not fashionable, way more costly than what it is worth
LOL. Are they even legit?
clubber
Rep:
?
(Original post by bobsta10)
If you are looking in the G-Star price range, I'd say go with Diesel or Levi.

If you aren't looking to spend that much, I'd recommend Topman, good quality and affordable.
I already have a pair of Levis.

Just needed a pair of G-Star's and then that would be it.
Effort
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Get some Edwin jeans or Rising Sun denim which is best quality but v. expensive.
clubber
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sam00)
If you want the jeans who cares what other people think, just buy them an be happy that you have some jeans which you like. We have been honest with you about our opinions, but at the end of the day, it's you who has to wear them
Ok thanks.

BTW are these legit (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-Star-Raw...d=432849810120 )? Don't to end up wearing fake ****.
Chris195
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No they're chavvy, save yourself some slack and get some decent jeans at an inexpensive price.

H&M
Levi's
Top man

I pity those who wear chinos.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
clubber
Rep:
?
Decided to keep these jeans (http://www.bankfashion.co.uk/product...d-jeans/05146/ ) as I got it on boxing day and was a great bargain.

There's something about these jeans that I like. Will wear them tomorrow on New Years Day.
Garfin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chris195)
No they're chavvy, save yourself some slack and get some decent jeans at an inexpensive price.

H&M
Levi's
Top man
H&M and Top Man? You're joking right?

Chavs can only afford jeans from H&M and Top Man make jeans for hipsters (who naturally have terrible taste in fashion).

Levi's are the only good brand you listed but if you can just about afford H&M jeans then forget about anything from Levi's.

@The OP

Depends. The "baggy" G-Star jeans are terrible with their designs. However, I recently got a pair of slim fit G-star jeans with a dark wash from ASOS for £70 that look like regular jeans (so no bagginess or unnecessary designs on them). The quality is very good too. So it depends on the jeans you're getting. Some G-stars jeans are good, some are terrible with their designs. I cannot fault the quality of any though.

The one below has a simplistic and nice design:

So that's what you want to go for rather than something like this:

Chavs can't afford G-star jeans. The people here telling you that they are "chav" jeans are also telling you to buy H&M and New Look jeans (which basically cost around £10-£20) aka peasant jeans that will fall apart quite easily.

Ironically, these same type of people like to label brands like "Burberry" as a "chav" brand even though again, chavs cannot afford anything from this place.

My advice to anyone reading this thread is to buy what you want from whatever brand. Don't think about the brand's name, just look at the design and quality. If the design suits you and the quality is good, buy the clothing.

For me, the best jeans have come from Zara which are nice and affordable and truly worth their price (around £50). They are good quality (although not as good as nudie jeans). Antony Morato and United Colors of Benetton also do good quality jeans for a little higher price (£70-£90).

I think half the people in thread recommending "Top Man" and "H&M" jeans don't understand anything about quality denim. Not all denim is the same and a clear difference can be seen between the cheap half-denim of H&M jeans and the actual strong material denim of a brand like G-Star or Nudie.

Should amazing jeans be worth £100-£150? Probably not but those big brands are the only places you will get good quality jeans from that age and look better with the years. Jeans from places like H&M and Primark only get worst and you won't bother wearing them. It's better to invest in more expensive jeans with which you will actually get your money's worth.

So again, all G-stars jeans are good quality but not all of their designs are good fashion sense. It you can do the baggy and black jeans though, go for it. Otherwise I suggest a pair of simplistic slim/straight fit jeans from them (which they do but they advertise the "edgier" jeans as the brand).
SUianX
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
TBH I think half the people here can't afford G-star or think all G-Star jeans are those "edgy" baggy ones.

Diesel do good jeans but some of their designs are horrible too especially when half of them come with pre-made rips and holes. At the end of the day, go with what looks good on you.

The crime happens when you go with loose fitting or baggy jeans. Those are a big no no for everyone I think. Oh and ripped jeans are god-awful too unless you want to look like an idiot.
ESF21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
G star are great jeans imo....they also have great social and environmental ethics (see their website). Dutch company, I wouldn't call them chavvy, not like Stone Island or CP Company
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads