3mma_gal96
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I'm revising for my Jan b2 exam, and digestion is one of the topics.
This might sound a bit dim, but I'm quite confused about the order of which each organ acts. So I know each 'job' of the organs, and how liver for example produces bile to emulsify fat. But I'm confused..
So food starts in the mouth
then through the oesophagus
then the stomach
Then what? Does the bile go from the liver to the stomach, or does the food go to the small intestine and THEN the bile is secreted?
Then after the small intestine when all useful products are absorbed into the blood, the rest goes to the large intestine and then finally, they are egested?
I hope you understand my question and I've actually made some sense. Thanks :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Neon-Soldier32
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The food stuffs from the stomach (chyme) enters the small intestine and the bile is secreted into the duodenum (the first part of the small intestine) which neutralises the stomach acid. Then, digestive enzymes break down the chyme into smaller, soluble molecules which are the absorbed into the blood. Then the rest of the chyme enters the large intestine where water from the chyme is absorbed and solid feces are formed which remain in the rectum before being egested from the anus.
3mma_gal96
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
THANK-YOU

Posted from TSR Mobile
aprilreverie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It goes like this.

1) Mouth (describe teeth and talk about salivary amylase)
2) Oesophagus
3) Stomach (talk about pepsin)
4) Small intestine (duodenum where bile acts on it (talk about lipase) then jejunum where absorption happens, then ilium)
5) colon (water drawn)
6) rectum
7) anus
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (579)
34.26%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (696)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (338)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.56%

Watched Threads