Turn on thread page Beta

any singing experts watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    is it possible to improve ure voice by practicing on your own. just that my friends got a flat voice but wants to improve is it possible. she is quite good at singing some songs but others her voice is just flat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    is it possible to improve ure voice by practicing on your own. just that my friends got a flat voice but wants to improve is it possible. she is quite good at singing some songs but others her voice is just flat.
    it is possible but it's probably best to get a vocal coach though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    u cant improve a flat voice

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you can do no worse than practise by yourself. It can only do good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    u cant improve a flat voice
    you can be succesful with one though

take Mark Hoppus from Blink 182 for example

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    you can be succesful with one though

take Mark Hoppus from Blink 182 for example
    how can u make it unflat though lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    how can u make it unflat though lol
    dunno if you can, it's not really important though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    It's possible, but it would probably be better if she went for some lessons. Voice training takes a while and a trainer can give her specific exercises to get broaden her vocal range without doing any damage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    It's possible, but it would probably be better if she went for some lessons. Voice training takes a while and a trainer can give her specific exercises to get broaden her vocal range without doing any damage.
    damage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    damage?
    To the vocal chords. When your trying to hit difficult ranges it puts alot of strain on your chords. In most cases you wind up w/ laringitis , however prolonged strain on the chords can lead to pollups on the chords which have to be removed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    To the vocal chords. When your trying to hit difficult ranges it puts alot of strain on your chords. In most cases you wind up w/ laringitis , however prolonged strain on the chords can lead to pollups on the chords which have to be removed.
    I didnt realise singing was so dangerous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    yeah it can be, that is why some singers insure their voices in case of damage

ReputationRep:
    LOL, I actually wouldn't be surprised to find out my chords are damaged.
    I'll risk being a hypocrite now, and admit to never going for any formal training myself. I built my voice up on my own, at times trying to rehearse w/ partial laringitis. It took me about 1 year to get my voice to the point I wanted it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    yeah it can be, that is why some singers insure their voices in case of damage
    Didnt know they did that either..

ReputationRep:
    Didnt know they did that either..
    i remember reading about someone doing it, think it was shirley bassey

ReputationRep:
    It can be if you overdo it or sing when you have a sore throat. Polyps on the vocal chords are what every singer dreads, but they are relatively rare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    Well yeah, up to a certain point.
    My singing went from absolutely awful, to mildly painful...
    No, but seriously, it is possible.
    Why do you think most singers are in the music industry in the first place?
    Because of their love for singing, they sing alot, and thats why they are so good.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you do get a singing teacher. Honestly, it helps so much. The more you practise singing, the better you will get. Singing is all about the breathing, once you've cracked that, watch out Celine Dion!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.