Hiding last seen online time: whatsapp

Watch
ZRO
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Say if I wanted to read a message, but wanted to hide the last seen online time, could I turn off the wifi, read it, then turn it back on when I have exited whatsapp? So basically if my last online time was 21:44, and someone send me a message, and i did the wifi trick, would it still remain at 21:44?
sophisticated
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Who cares? Why does this even matter OP?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sophisticated)
Who cares? Why does this even matter OP?

So he doesn't have to reply immediately, or make the person think the OP is ignoring him/her.

I don't use Whatsapp, but I can see why people want to disable last seen time!
sophisticated
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You can disable the last seen time on your settings anyway if you want to? At least you can on the app version I've got....

tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ZRO)
Say if I wanted to read a message, but wanted to hide the last seen online time, could I turn off the wifi, read it, then turn it back on when I have exited whatsapp? So basically if my last online time was 21:44, and someone send me a message, and i did the wifi trick, would it still remain at 21:44?

(Original post by sophisticated)
You can disable the last seen time on your settings anyway if you want to? At least you can on the app version I've got....

http://jaxov.com/2012/09/hide-online...atus-whatsapp/

Yeah
PonchoKid
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ZRO)
i tend to go onto airline mode, dont know if this works or not, hope it does! haha
ZRO
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
So he doesn't have to reply immediately, or make the person think the OP is ignoring him/her.

I don't use Whatsapp, but I can see why people want to disable last seen time!

Yup exactly! This man understands aha! Thanks for the help anyway guys
caleeb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, last time will change for sure and you don't need to do that, just disable last seen on your whats up, go to WhatsApp Settings, Then head to Account where you Choose Privacy Go to Last Seen and select “Nobody“. Here http://www.vpnanswers.com/tips-tricks-safer-whatsapp/ you find more tricks to be more safe and private.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (11)
12.79%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.81%
I need help with my personal statement (35)
40.7%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
25.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.33%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed