How often do you faint?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    apart frm the usual like drinking lots of water does any1 know :confused:
    try and stay away from places that are too hot for a start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    How often do you faint?
    well i fainted once last week, once two years ago and twice within the 5 years before that. however i go all panicky when im in lessons and feel dizzy since last week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    well i fainted once last week, once two years ago and twice within the 5 years before that. however i go all panicky when im in lessons and feel dizzy since last week
    go to the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    go to the doctors.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Agreed
    ive been but he said evrythings ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    ive been but he said evrythings ok
    Sounds like a panic attack, is that when you pass out, when you get all nervous?

ReputationRep:
    sit down when you feel it coming on...i faint like once a week lol..i'm so rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Sounds like a panic attack, is that when you pass out, when you get all nervous?
    yea but i get nervous coz of the fear of fainting but end up passing out anyway :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    yea but i get nervous coz of the fear of fainting but end up passing out anyway :rolleyes:
    And you have explained all this to your doctor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    And you have explained all this to your doctor?
    yea but hes absolutely useless hes only concerned with blood pressure and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    see another doctor

ReputationRep:
    Also, if you've been standing still for a while - wriggle your toes and/or move your legs. Your blood can't move back up your legs without help from muscle movements, so standing still for long periods of time can lead to fainting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    can i refer you to a thread about panic attacks on the 'debate and discussion' forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    can i refer you to a thread about panic attacks on the 'debate and discussion' forum
    hiya! i get panic attacks quite often and i was given an inhalor to take when i feel it coming on
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Take an iron suppliment or a multivitamin/mineral for women (but be careful - iron suppliments gave me the most awful depression) they aren't something to mess about with but it's possible that you're slightly anaemic - take them alongside some orange juice or vitamin C to make sure they're absorbed better.

Sit down, get fresh air (sit by the window)...when you feel yourself going (oddly I always know when I'm going to faint because my hearing cuts off...I have a couple of seconds between that happening and passing out to bring myself back) put your head between your legs. Breathe deeply but calmly and concentrate on your breathing and relaxing every muscle from your toes upwards...shut your eyes when you do this. If you've got a drink take a couple of sips from it and again shut your eyes and focus on the feeling of swallowing and visualise the drink cooling you down and calming your down.

ReputationRep:
    Are you aneamic? If you start to feel a bit shakey have some chocolate or some coke. A quick sugar fix will help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lottielou)
    hiya! i get panic attacks quite often and i was given an inhalor to take when i feel it coming on
    Panic attacks are different from fainting. Feeling panicky because you think you're going to faint is not a panic attack.

(Original post by emmz)
    yea but hes absolutely useless hes only concerned with blood pressure and stuff
    Well, that is the usual reason for fainting! Have you had any blood tests done? You could pester for those, but really, it's not like you've had regular fainting attacks; 4 over 7 years isn't that often, so there's unlikely to be some deep medical cause (although obviously I don't know that). At the moment sounds like you're just getting worried it's going to happen again, and working yourself up into it. Calm down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Panic attacks are different from fainting. Feeling panicky because you think you're going to faint is not a panic attack.

Well, that is the usual reason for fainting! Have you had any blood tests done? You could pester for those, but really, it's not like you've had regular fainting attacks; 4 over 7 years isn't that often, so there's unlikely to be some deep medical cause (although obviously I don't know that). At the moment sounds like you're just getting worried it's going to happen again, and working yourself up into it. Calm down.
    ure exactly right. its hard to calm down though

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.