Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody! My name is Alejandra, and I'm from Mexico.

I currently applied to 3 courses at Kent University just before Christmas. But! I want to have backup choices of course. If everybody could list me from 1 to 5 choices that would be awesome!

Since I am from Mexico, my grades are from 0 to 10.
    My grades are 60% 8s and 7s, which I checked and that's As and Bs. The other 40% are 10s and a few 9s, which are A* and A.
    Overall, my final grade from High School was an 8.0, that's a A.

I think I have better chances at getting into an University with entry requirements of AAA - AAB. So, if you could give me options with this entry requirements that would be awesome.

Thank you in advance!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Why would you apply to three different courses? Particularly at the same university lol. They'll begin to wonder if you have a genuine interest in the subject. Unless they're similar-ish courses.

What are you looking to study? You can check subject specific rankings of universities in the UK on google.

ReputationRep:
    York is a very good uni and a typical York offer is AAB I think What course are you applying for?

York is also a very beautiful, historical city. You won't find a prettier city to live in.

ReputationRep:
    If we knew what you're applying to it would help.

Why did you apply to 3 courses at the same uni? I'm not even sure if my sixth form would have allowed it. Even if they're similar, your personal statement won't fit them all perfectly and you only get to write one personal statement saying why you want to study that subject. And they're likely to be in the same department, so the admissions tutors might so your other applications and question your passion for each of your choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent.)
    Why would you apply to three different courses? Particularly at the same university lol. They'll begin to wonder if you have a genuine interest in the subject. Unless they're similar-ish courses.

What are you looking to study? You can check subject specific rankings of universities in the UK on google.
    haha don't worry I applied to the same course, just with the year abroad. I applied to Kent to the English and American Literature and Creative Writing, also with the year abroad, and the course without Creative Writing just the Lit. one.

As you can see I wanna study Lit and Creative Writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    York is a very good uni and a typical York offer is AAB I think What course are you applying for?

York is also a very beautiful, historical city. You won't find a prettier city to live in.
    I've been hearing York being mentioned here and there too. I'll look into the university now.

I want to study English Lit. and Creative Writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anony.mouse)
    If we knew what you're applying to it would help.

Why did you apply to 3 courses at the same uni? I'm not even sure if my sixth form would have allowed it. Even if they're similar, your personal statement won't fit them all perfectly and you only get to write one personal statement saying why you want to study that subject. And they're likely to be in the same department, so the admissions tutors might so your other applications and question your passion for each of your choices.
    Sorry! Forgot to say to which courses I was applying to. Don't worry. I applied to the English and American Literature course, then the same one but with Creative Writing, and then the same just with the approved year abroad.
    So, in reality I just applied to the Lit course, and the Lit with Creative Writing course (including the one with the approved year abroad).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madcap)
    Sorry! Forgot to say to which courses I was applying to. Don't worry. I applied to the English and American Literature course, then the same one but with Creative Writing, and then the same just with the approved year abroad.
    So, in reality I just applied to the Lit course, and the Lit with Creative Writing course (including the one with the approved year abroad).
    University of east anglia (uea) is good for creative writing. Their typical offers are abb-aab i think. But maybe aaa, especially seeing how competitive it is, and if thats what you're predicted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anony.mouse)
    University of east anglia (uea) is good for creative writing. Their typical offers are abb-aab i think.
    Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.