Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    Does anyone know a website to look at model answers? I find them really useful but can't seem to find any.
    No I have been wondering the same! Please let me know if you find any!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mreyow)
    Would anyone be able to help me with the evaluative questions? as they are my weakest points ironically
    I can??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by southweststudent)
    No I have been wondering the same! Please let me know if you find any!
    Will do!

ReputationRep:
    I can??
    I really think that a question on general defences will come up so I need to perfect it and I have no idea how to construct it

ReputationRep:
    HOw do you answer murder questions and involuntary manslaughter questions?

I know all the knowledge and cases but I don't know how much to include and what needs to be included (I think I'm trying to include too much), I'm not achieving good marks as a result, and help would be hugely needed and appreciated so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)

I know all the knowledge and cases but I don't know how much to include and what needs to be included (I think I'm trying to include too much), I'm not achieving good marks as a result, and help would be hugely needed and appreciated so much!
    One tip. Only include whats RELEVANT to the scenario. Don't go off on a tangent about the killing of a foetus when the scenario in question doesn't include anything to do with a foetus. Same goes for causation; don't start explaining the rules on intervening acts UNLESS it invites you to do so in the scenario. There's plenty of scope to discuss the relevent law with what they prescribe in the scenario

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mreyow)
    One tip. Only include whats RELEVANT to the scenario. Don't go off on a tangent about the killing of a foetus when the scenario in question doesn't include anything to do with a foetus. Same goes for causation; don't start explaining the rules on intervening acts UNLESS it invites you to do so in the scenario. There's plenty of scope to discuss the relevent law with what they prescribe in the scenario
    Thanks! That was my problem I think I talked about literally everything that wasnt relevant to the question! Anythings that you have to definitely include?

ReputationRep:
    How likely do people think it is that both the question Bs will be involuntary manslaughter? I'm guessing unlikely as it's only been done once but is it worth only revising murder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed-)
    How likely do people think it is that both the question Bs will be involuntary manslaughter? I'm guessing unlikely as it's only been done once but is it worth only revising murder?
    For that reason I would revise both.

ReputationRep:
    For the fatal offences do you talk about general defences if they are relevant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    For the fatal offences do you talk about general defences if they are relevant?
    If they are relevant, you should include it as they could be part of one potential content of the question. The non fatals will probably include consent or maybe intoxication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)

I hate it when you think you've written everything that you need and then when your nearly finished you re read the scenario and then you find a little thing that you will have to talk about like .. 'Jack lost his footing .. ' but I love the scenario questions though I think I'm going to do the essay question first

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordie95)
    I hate it when you think you've written everything that you need and then when your nearly finished you re read the scenario and then you find a little thing that you will have to talk about like .. 'Jack lost his footing .. ' but I love the scenario questions though I think I'm going to do the essay question first

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely do the essay question first, then you can get it out the way and since you could literally prepare a model essay you're sure to score higher in the essay question

The scenario's can be very farfetched that I have to read them over 2/3 times as I usually get one person muddled with the other

ReputationRep:
    I've never done a involuntary manslaughter question and would like to know how to structure it!?

I was thinking you first talk about murder then say the D had no malice aforethought then talk about involuntary manslaughter which ever is more relevant is this correct?

Also do you use general defences in involuntary and murder questions? If so is it a brief sentence on which ones can be used?

Help needed!

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    How did it go people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    How did it go people?
    I thought it was horrible which scenario did you do?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was horrible which scenario did you do?
    I did the second scenario, how come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    I did the second scenario, how come?
    So did I! I just Found the time management really hard and wasn't sure on the offences/defences for the first question

ReputationRep:
    I did scenario 2 as well but I forgot the defence criticisms!! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missmop)
    I did scenario 2 as well but I forgot the defence criticisms!! X
    No matter, you can still get good grade is you did brilliantly on the first 2 questions how did you find them? What stuff did you include?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.