Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Economics Unit 3 - 22nd January 2013 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just started this exam thread since I couldn’t find it anywhere else

How is everyone getting on revising?

I’ve finished making notes on all chapters of the book, done tonnes of practice papers, now considering just revising little things like:
    •Definitions of key words (for the easy 2/4 marks in the 10/15 mark questions)
    •All the different types of diagrams
    •Justifications of the shapes of curves (such as the SRATC, kinked demand curve) etc.
    •All the different objectives of firms
    •Modelling Assumptions (Like perfect competition and perfectly competitive labour markets)
    •Causes of certain economic issues (such as monopoly power, barriers to entry, poverty etc.)
    •Maybe all of the different equations? (because of calculation in the 5 marker)
    •Processes (like cost-benefit analysis)

Also, does anybody know any decent economic news websites preferably relating to our course, because I know sometimes they reward knowledge of current affairs (the only source I have been using is tutor2u’s blogs).

Two particular things which I can’t get my head around in this economic course is:
    •What “cost plus pricing” is: I thought it was literally just looking at you’re costs and saying okay, we’ll sell our product at say 50% greater than this to make X supernormal profit.
    •Why does MRP=D?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother with the equations there all simple, im doing lots of graph revision practicing them every morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    I wouldn't bother with the equations there all simple, im doing lots of graph revision practicing them every morning
    Yeah true. I think that a possible calculation question could be the Gini coefficient, provided they give us the values of the area and don't expect us to integrate the function! ;D Although this is still incredibly unlikely, because my teacher told me the only calculations they'll give you is in the format "(this number/divided by that number) * 100" - so essentially a percentage question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobGreggary)
    Yeah true. I think that a possible calculation question could be the Gini coefficient, provided they give us the values of the area and don't expect us to integrate the function! ;D Although this is still incredibly unlikely, because my teacher told me the only calculations they'll give you is in the format "(this number/divided by that number) * 100" - so essentially a percentage question.
    yeah, need to be careful with index numbers too

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to calculate index numbers..?? Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.