Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering what the 3 network is like around university park, broadgate park and the centre?

Anyone have any experience with 3 in nottingham?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Dunno about Broadgate specifically, but it's been pretty good everywhere I've been on Uni Park, Jubilee, and the city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonySoprano)
    Hi, just wondering what the 3 network is like around university park, broadgate park and the centre?

Thanks
    Works well for me all over the place, even all the off-campus accommodation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonySoprano)

Thanks
    Hey. I live in Broadgate Park, and my experience of 3's signal has been TERRIBLE. However, don't let this put you off.

Before I came to University, I phoned 3 and told them the signal was bad at Broadgate. After some convincing, I managed to get them to send me a Home Signal Booster box.

Anyway, got to Uni, plugged it in to my ethernet (Didn't need it since Broadgate now have WiFi), and there you go. Full 3G Signal in my room all day and all night.

Step out of your room into the kitchen, and you lose signal.

But better than nothing - You'll spend most of your time between your kitchen and your room, so no worries!

Hope this helped - any other questions let me know.

:badger:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about broadgate but I have never had any problems with the network. I lived in one of the catered halls on the main campus very close to the students union. The free wifi in the rooms are good too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.