Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    NOT A CLUE!!! :confused:
    Whatever I research/read about, just doesnt seem like what they would be looking for.

Whats everyone else gone for/going for?
    x

ReputationRep:
    I had to discuss an issue at my interview for Nottingham Trent - I discussed the fact that there is so little male primary school teachers. There was quite a big article on it the week before my interview, giving statics and stuff, so I managed to discuss that, and bring it into how I'd be as a teacher. Obviously, I'm male, so was able to bring in personal experience and discuss how important it is for that male authoritative figure at such a young age.

I don't know how helpful that is, but I managed to get a place so they must've liked it, but good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca_90)
    NOT A CLUE!!! :confused:
    Whatever I research/read about, just doesnt seem like what they would be looking for.

Whats everyone else gone for/going for?
    x
    Read the education pages in newspapers like the Guardian and Times. This week there was an article about cut backs to Religious Ed. and the effects this may have on a multicultural society. It doesn't really matter what you choose it is how well you present your ideas that is important and how you link the issue to what you have seen in school practice.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of discussing the importance of outdoor play for young children, but thats more 'ongoing' than current. And perhaps the new ofsted framework, and the impact it's had on schools.

Thanks, and well done on getting a place!

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of discussing the importance of outdoor play for young children, but thats more 'ongoing' than current. And perhaps the new ofsted framework, and the impact it's had on schools.

Thanks, and well done on getting a place!
    That's sounds like a good idea to me. There's been some articles about that recently. Also, you could refer to practice in countries like Sweden where they use a lot more outdoor work than we do in the UK - are you going for early years? Again, refer the debate to what you have seen in school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinyTim)
    That's sounds like a good idea to me. There's been some articles about that recently. Also, you could refer to practice in countries like Sweden where they use a lot more outdoor work than we do in the UK - are you going for early years? Again, refer the debate to what you have seen in school.
    Yeah, Early years, I thought that- I have found a few recent articles about it. And also can talk about forest schools etc, and links to free-flow play I have observed in placement.
    I think I've just been determined that everything I think of is wrong... Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds great - Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Tell them what you think of Michael Gove.

ReputationRep:
    what is the latest educational issue and do you vaguely speak about it or do the ask you in more detail ?

ReputationRep:
    what is the latest educational issue and do you vaguely speak about it or do they ask you in more detail ?

ReputationRep:
    It's usually just a general chat and is good if you can link it to school experience - "There's been recent debate about XXXXXXX with opponents saying ............... but my experience in school was the opposite........" etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Do we have to talk about several issues or just one main issues ??

🌸 Brogan 🌸

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Early years, I thought that- I have found a few recent articles about it. And also can talk about forest schools etc, and links to free-flow play I have observed in placement.
    I think I've just been determined that everything I think of is wrong... Thank you!
    You could also link this to the new proposed ratios in early years! Which is pretty disgraceful if you ask me! 4 babies and 1 carer, I don't think so!

ReputationRep:
    You could also talk about the recent Phonic Screening tests!

ReputationRep:
    http://vimeo.com/39441143 this link my be helpful guys

ReputationRep:
    Slimming down of curriculum.
    Primary returning to more traditional ways. Rote learning of timetables, as previously taught.
    History going to be taught in chronological order, not jumping about all over the place.

Read BBC news education and Times education supplement.

Good luck

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.