Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I moved into halls this year, to start with was all good and all of us got on.

However, few weeks in, one guy who lives with us decides it would be really cool to stay up all night every night, screaming and shouting with his mates and running up and down our corridor.

I am absolutley up for partying and having a good time in our flat, but he forever has his girlfriend round, who none of us can stand, who leaves her food rotting on our floor which he refuses to clean. Several times i've abandoned our kitchen althogether, because of the sodden toilet paper that he has stuffed down our sink and in our fridge.

We all sat down with him in a "flat meeting" and told him to grow up and just shut up for a few hours a night, to which he said he didn't know what our problem is, as he can do what he likes. The flats around us can't see what our problem is, because it's not them having to live with him, yet complain when they're flatmates leave a few dishes out etc, which drives me mad

How do i get rid of this ******** from the flat, or at least make him less of a ********??? His gf has also made a habit of inviting her own friends round to our flat, for them to trash as well...
    it's just getting really really annoying and we've all had enough

ReputationRep:
    You can complain to whoever runs your uni halls...if you and all the other flat mates complain, he'll be given a warning, and he'll get kicked out if he carries on with this bad behaviour

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em_123)
    I moved into halls this year, to start with was all good and all of us got on.

However, few weeks in, one guy who lives with us decides it would be really cool to stay up all night every night, screaming and shouting with his mates and running up and down our corridor.

I am absolutley up for partying and having a good time in our flat, but he forever has his girlfriend round, who none of us can stand, who leaves her food rotting on our floor which he refuses to clean. Several times i've abandoned our kitchen althogether, because of the sodden toilet paper that he has stuffed down our sink and in our fridge.

We all sat down with him in a "flat meeting" and told him to grow up and just shut up for a few hours a night, to which he said he didn't know what our problem is, as he can do what he likes.

How do i get rid of this ******** from the flat, or at least make him less of a ********??? His gf has also made a habit of inviting her own friends round to our flat, for them to trash as well...
    it's just getting really really annoying and we've all had enough
    Yicks

i know as friends we have to put up with little annoying habits but this sounds a step to far...

hmmmm only thing i can really suggest after the sit down is for you & your friends to show him what you have to put up with & do the same to him & his gf - if he argues he can do what he likes, well so can you

hope it gets sorted

ReputationRep:
    There's only seven of us, and one of us is hardly in her room, could we still do this with the rest of us? and i didn't want to get into properly complaining, but is it the only way?

ReputationRep:
    It might be if he won't listen.

ReputationRep:
    If you didn't know this already...

Take a dump on his bed.

ReputationRep:
    If it carries on, I'd literally grip this guy and put the fear of Gawd in him. Tell him to have some ****ing respect for the people he lives with or you'll launch him out the window. Just what i'd do though. Some people don't respond to being nice.

ReputationRep:

Just an idea?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    People who don't understand reason will understand violence/a firm hand/angry shouting. But only use it as a last resort. If he is a psychopath then it's a good idea to have some friends to back you up if they believe in the cause.

ReputationRep:
    I would advise the following: you again talk to him about this and say this cant continue. Tell him this is not normal fun anymore, its getting out of control when he and his friends/gf make all that rubbish. Tell him you dont want to complain about it but if this continues you have to in order to live well and be able to work without disturbance every night. And if he continues and it gets worse, then you could be able to complain, as you've already told him about it and he's ignored you, his fault. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother approaching the guy again. It's your uni-life he's destroying, why should he? Do the following:

* Complain to the university. Complain every day. Complain every time he does something. Email and email away. Carbon-copy in the chancellor, vice-chancellor, your parents in at first. If the university is slow, threaten to begin to CCing local journalists and your MP (do this as threat). <-- It will terrify them to see their University in the papers for this reason.

Sub point: In your emails, explain to them that your welfare is being compromised by this guy. Go to the doctor and explain this, and tell the doc that this is getting you down. He/She will make a note of this. Tell the University you have done this and that if they don't do anything, they will have failed in their duty of care and that your parents and yourself will show that their negligence is responsible for this.

*Make a diary for every time he facks about. Every time you think he's done something wrong - write it down. What he did, what time and with whom. Take pictures of his filth. Take video-footage. Email this to the University every day. Every day something happens, email them with your diary and evidence, keep Ccing people in. Use emotive language.

^ Some people will say that this is too drastic, but Universities are bureaucracies, they won't make a move unless you make it very uncomfortable for them. I had a similar problem for my UG, I did the above, the problem was sorted in 2 weeks and the guy was thrown out. I had a partial refund on my accommodation. Win-win.

ReputationRep:
    You've already tried talking to him, and he doesn't see what the problem is. It's time to complain to the university, as there is no way he will change. There's a good chance that they will make him move / leave halls.

As someone else said, keep a diary of his unreasonable behaviour, so you have proof.

• Record everything such as diaries and video evidence if you can.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
      do you have night security? if so phone them when it starts to get to an unreasonable hour, they will kick everyone out who doesn't live there or should do. If you don't complain to halls and do a recording, and give it to halls, it can help massively if he complains. My husband has already thrown out about two dozen people out of halls that he owns.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.