Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm an italian student at the first year of bsc in Biotechnology. In february will begin the exams and i'm not sure i will all pass them... Do you think that good universities in Europe (for an msc or PhD) will look at the "time to graduate"? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean that, since you're doing exams in Feb rather than summer, employers might look on you differently?
    If so, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't, and will just consider you like everyone else

ReputationRep:
    I mean: the problem of not graduating in time... 4 time instead 3!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Some undergraduate degrees are 4 years anyway, so you wouldn't really be at a disadvantage.

ReputationRep:
    But, for example: if i apply for an msc in an important university (like Helsinki), will they look at the "year of start" and at the "year of finish"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I understand.

They may do; I guess it's down to the specific uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.