Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your 2013 New Year's Resolutions going to be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, share your new years resolutions here and hopefully we can help each other out as maybe your resolution is something somebody else has managed to do successfully before. Its also interesting to find out what each other wants to improve in their life.

ReputationRep:
    Usually something diet-y. I force msyelf to scoff all my christmas chocolate before new year, then give up chocolate, then generally cave about a week later. It's very effective.

Although, last year I said to myself when I'm out drinking or whatever, I would always tell one girl I didn't know how nice she looked. Because I think it's nice for girls to give compliments to other girls.

ReputationRep:
    Not to make any resolutions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linnerzx)
    Usually something diet-y. I force msyelf to scoff all my christmas chocolate before new year, then give up chocolate, then generally cave about a week later. It's very effective.

Although, last year I said to myself when I'm out drinking or whatever, I would always tell one girl I didn't know how nice she looked. Because I think it's nice for girls to give compliments to other girls.
    Apparently diet resolutions aren't very effective, how do you find them?
    Also how did the compliment thing go, did you consistently do it?

ReputationRep:
    My new years resolution is to spend more time with my mother and sisters. Although I live with them I enjoy spending more time with my friends or boyfriend and when I'm at home, I'm usually on my phone or my laptop.
    Also I want to lose my thigh fat and smile more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom)
    Apparently diet resolutions aren't very effective, how do you find them?
    Also how did the compliment thing go, did you consistently do it?
    For diet resolutions, I think that it is best to go down the route of something like 'my resolution is to eat generally healthier' rather than 'never eat pizza' or something. I am generally quite crap at keeping to a strict diet, however I find that doing it around new year, or giving it up for lent (even though I'm not religious) gives me an extra push because I feel like I am doing it for a reason, and other people are giving things up too.

The compliment thing, I could have MAYBE done more, but sometimes I was just out with my friends and focusing on enjoying myself rather than trying to compliment strangers! But I did enjoy doing it, it felt good! It's something I will continue to do, when I get the chance

New year's resolutions are for morons.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.