Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pregnant at University...? Watch

• View Poll Results: If you got pregnant at University, would you keep the baby?
    Yes
    46.15%
    No
    53.85%

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Did you get pregnant at University? Or know anybody that did?

I'm in my second year, and I'm due in February.
    I have to write a 500 word opinion piece on the subject, so if any pregnant student or former student is interested in answering a few quick questions on how they coped I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    One of the girls in my art class is pregnant now, in our third year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    One of the girls in my art class is pregnant now, in our third year.
    Aww bet she's so excited! How far along is she? Do you think she'd answer a few questions for me?

ReputationRep:
    There's a student at my uni who's pregnant, I'm pretty sure she's in her second year. However I've only seen her once or twice, I think she's probably had him/her by now as she looked ready to pop when I saw her a few weeks ago!

Congratulations, and good luck with the baby. I answered "Yes", by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwertyuioplkjhgfds)
    Aww bet she's so excited! How far along is she? Do you think she'd answer a few questions for me?
    I think it's irresponsible to have a child at that age.

ReputationRep:
    I answered no, but then I want to get my tubes tied also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlluminatedRain)
    I answered no, but then I want to get my tubes tied also.
    Good, at least someone is thinking straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sha_15)
    Good, at least someone is thinking straight.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think there's any need for rudeness.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's irresponsible to have a child at that age.

Errrrm...do you know how old the girl is? No. I'm in my second year of uni at 24 years old, classed as a mature student. So the pregnant girl could be in the same postion. Keep your prejudiced, judgemental opinions to yourself when you haven't got a CLUE about any of the facts...

ReputationRep:
    I voted no, as I'd rather focus on my education. Plus I'm not certain if I actually want children.

ReputationRep:
    I think I would keep the baby. just because I don't think I could ever have an abortion.

however, my friend got pregnant in her second year and then decided to take a year out. it worked well for her, but only because the father of the child was able to look after their boy as well. I think otherwise she would've struggled quite a lot when she went back to uni.

ReputationRep:
    oh, and congratulations by the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarinaBS)
    oh, and congratulations by the way!
    Thank you! I'm quite lucky that way too, because my boyfriend can help me too. We've lived together for almost 2 years and been together for 6, so my decision to keep my baby was easy

ReputationRep:
    Errrrm...do you know how old the girl is? No. I'm in my second year of uni at 24 years old, classed as a mature student. So the pregnant girl could be in the same postion. Keep your prejudiced, judgemental opinions to yourself when you haven't got a CLUE about any of the facts...
    Age has NOTHING to do with this, it is the stage of the women life that is. The women is probably still studying and planning to start building their career. You can work out the rest I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Well I haven't seen her for a while as she has barely attended this year. She commutes and doesn't seem to be too involved this year...
    Erm I think shes 7 months now? Or nearly. She gives birth during our exhibition period, which will kinda screw her over.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Did you get pregnant at University? Or know anybody that did?

I'm in my second year, and I'm due in February.
    I have to write a 500 word opinion piece on the subject, so if any pregnant student or former student is interested in answering a few quick questions on how they coped I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks
    congrats... 500 words isnt that much.

ReputationRep:
    Age has NOTHING to do with this, it is the stage of the women life that is. The women is probably still studying and planning to start building their career. You can work out the rest I guess.
    If age has 'NOTHING to do with this', then why was your original post: "I think it's irresponsible to have a baby at that age." --- AGE.

ReputationRep:
    If age has 'NOTHING to do with this', then why was your original post: "I think it's irresponsible to have a baby at that age." --- AGE.
    Sorry, by age I meant 'that stage in your life'.

ReputationRep:
    I answered Yes but then I would not want to have a child at that young age while I'm trying to build up my life and would try my best to prevent getting pregnant by all means (abstaining from sex completely). I'd rather have children (and I want many, as I come from a big family), after I've settled myself into a good job after uni and so on.

Anyway, Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    My cousin got pregnant while at uni. She's had the baby now, but I don't know if she's taking time out of uni or not. I'm guessing the pregnancy wasn't planned, but it sounds like she's in a stable relationship so it will probably all work out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.