Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Theresa May strips the rights of a British mans citizenship. Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tizenship.html

What are your thoughts on this?

Personally I think Theresa May is right, stripping off his british rights. Extremism is completely wrong. Although this is alleged extremism why would he turn to Somalia? A country in which there is an extremist group present. hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    I remember reading about this a couple of months ago, I think this explains it in a little more detail ~

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...an-prison.html

"A letter adds: ‘The Security Service assess that you have been involved in Islamicist extremism and present a risk to the national security of the United Kingdom due to your extremist activities.’ "

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm concerned/care,if it can be stripped away......you were never really British to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    Good, this is something we should be doing more. British Citizenship for non-indigenous peoples is not a right, it's a privilege.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxisussex)
    As far as I'm concerned/care,if it can be stripped away......you were never really British to begin with.
    exactly!

ReputationRep:
    Hurrah.

ReputationRep:
    He was only British in writing and documentation. Not culturally nor was he aligned with us. And nothing of value was lost.

ReputationRep:
    So he was doing something in Somalia the USA say was naughty, and he claims the USA will mistreat him. And somehow it's all Theresa May of the UK's fault?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    So he was doing something in Somalia the USA say was naughty, and he claims the USA will mistreat him. And somehow it's all Theresa May of the UK's fault?
    basically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxisussex)
    Well said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    Well it is a little bit more than that. It seems clear that the US wanted him. The guy was a British Citizen so the US would have to go through the formal channels of extraditing him. He then ends up in Somalia and Ms May decides to revoke his citizenship, meaning he was at the mercy of whatever state wanted him.

Then he suddenly turns up at a court in Brooklyn.

His family and friends say he is clean. Some say that he and his friends were approached by the security services and asked to become an informant. The upshot - it is unclear what is really going on.

Also, some of the Daily Mail comments are quite funny. Morons.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.