Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Resistant materials

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winningjojo)
    I got an a* at gcse but that was more because I just regurgitated facts then me actually understanding anything (amazing what you can blag really) what are you hoping for at a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hoping for a B but I'm still pushing for an A

ReputationRep:
    10 A/A*s... 1 C - Spanish
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by chapmouse)
    I got 3A* 6A and 1 C in French. My exam was an A and my coursework was an A, but in moderation my coursework was taken down to an E, giving me a C in the end.
    That happened with my music, I still just about got an A overall though cus fortunately my other bits were A*s (was taken down to a C). My two worst were english lit and RE.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    French and Technology - funnily enough, two subjects I was pretty much forced into doing.

Although, I still think with a better teacher, and if I had actually been taught anything the previous 3/4 years I could have got a decent mark.

Still, Im chuffed with my two C's in both French and Product Design.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mel1215)
    Maths, kept re-sitting and kept getting a D. I'm numerically challenged.
    I know right!!! Tell me about it, this has to be the post to describe the terrors of GCSE maths.. *flahsbacks..* *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    Chinese… Got a C :-/

ReputationRep:
    Physics and Maths... *shudder*... I got 2 B's. Worked damn hard for them aswell, but would have been nice to get straight A's-A*s. Not that I'm complaining about my grades at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Best= English Literature (A*)
    Worst= Mathematics. Gosh Nooo *shudders* (C)
    I got the exact opposite, a C in English Literature and an A* in Maths xD I have no patience with books, with my short attention span :P

ReputationRep:
    A D in the Physics coursework (Bought my whole grade down to a B with 2 A* exams!) And a C in art is the bane of my existence because my teacher got sacked halfway through the course and we were left unguided

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow.panda)
    I got the exact opposite, a C in English Literature and an A* in Maths xD I have no patience with books, with my short attention span :P
    Haha! No way, Maths is just the worst thing possible... Literature is so much more creative and more interesting.. Maths, gosh no. In my old maths classroom there was this poster that said "deep down we all love maths" I used to curse it everyday. Well congratulations on your A* anyway..

ReputationRep:
    i cant wait to post here is august the sad thing is is that i already know which subject and grade i will probably post

ReputationRep:
    Maths, English and science. Die!

ReputationRep:
    My only C for gcses was in German *sigh* was predicted an A but my speaking let me down massively after getting full marks on the writing.
    Still wont give up with German, worst as level again, but trying to get a b to do it at uni! I will overcome my fear of speaking exams one day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    got a C in biology because I fancied my teacher.

ReputationRep:
    French - B

ReputationRep:
    I got a D in Science and an E in Maths at the time. So glad I passed the equivalent in College. Everything else was C's and B's.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry - B.

Was a last minute decision to study it at A level, now going to study it at Oxford.

How things change!

ReputationRep:
    ICT.-'C'

My excuse being that they made us take it a year early, and I/my school lost part of my coursework. We also had about 5 different teachers, as they kept leaving over the GCSE period and giving us substitute teachers.

I'm slightly bitter about the coursework thing, as I REALLY do know how to use a computer to a decent standard, so feel I could have done better.

ReputationRep:
    Short course P.E. - B

It was compulsory and I was crap at every sport. By some miracle, I got an A in my practical exam which was in netball but they didn't tell me that until I got my results slip in August; if I thought I'd had a hope in hell at a good grade, I'd have revised for my written exam. I didn't and I got the B. Still fairly pleased with it though!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.