Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did worst in English Lit and Lang because they changed the grade boundaries two weeks before we got our results. At least I asked for a remark and went back up to one grade below my predicted. :|

ReputationRep:
    English was the worst. Ended up with A way below other GCSES

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Short course Religious Studies - I somehow managed to get a C but it seriously affected my overall grade point average for my MEG at college

ReputationRep:
    Further maths… it was a brand new course, first time the exam had ever been sat and it was so difficult. Tbf the exam was way too hard for everyone as you only needed 15% to get a B…

But yeah, definitely my worst GCSE, I really regret taking it because if I didn't, I would have had straight A*/A

ReputationRep:
    I got a C in Chemistry - my only C I'm surprised I even got that frankly, the standard of teaching was pretty poor and I had pretty much 0% interest in the subject. Getting A*'s in ISA's helped pull up my grade massively I think, since I'm pretty sure I got a U in one of the units I was made to take all 3 sciences as some sort of 'fast track' group - would've just taken biology and physics otherwise, which I didn't mind.

Looking back, if I put in a bit more effort and revision, I could've been a lot more successful in the sciences (I got B's in physics and biology), but I didn't really have the work ethic back then for the subjects that I wasn't so interested in.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't taken any yet but it will be music. I'd bet my life savings on it. ******* OCR syllabus with the insane grade boundaries. And creative task will genuinely be the death of me.

ReputationRep:
    Geography sad cos I love the subject tho

ReputationRep:
    Maths and Statistics - got Bs in both.
    Maths is still my worst subject at IB.

ReputationRep:
    i hit a B in latin lol not that bad, pretty ecstatic about it tbh

ReputationRep:
    German, I got a B

ReputationRep:
    My worst grade was religious studies, which I got a C in - but I walked out half way through my first exam because I was coming down with Glandular Fever - who really cares about RE anyways? In terms of the stuff I actually cared about, my lowest grade was a B in Electronics - god that lesson was such a doss but it was fun!

ReputationRep:
    My worst subject was Latin (1 damn UMS from an A), but I learnt it as part of an extracurricular club, and the teacher literally said "Why don't we try doing IGCSE Latin?" 1 year before the exam, just out of the blue, so I guess a B is not bad. Plus, I had no interest in literature whatsoever, so little that I could even be bothered to memorise the plot of the poem.

The worst subject that was actually part of my curriculum was Additional Maths (got a B), but as the name suggests, it's supposed to be hard. Also, only a 30 people in my year did it, so I guess the worst subject I did which was in the general curriculum was World Lit. I abhor literature and BS'ed my way through the exam without even finishing my conclusion and received an A: pure luck .

ReputationRep:
    my worst subject was spanish (which was admittedly an a) because i was awful at the listening paper. i got a's and a*'s in the speaking/writing/reading and then got a c at listening which dragged it all down. *shakes fist at exam*

ReputationRep:
    Latin (I HATE LATIN LITERATURE) and DT Systems+Control, both of which I gained a B in

ReputationRep:
    i love how a lot of people on this thread list a B as their worst grade and a B wasnt even my best grade.

ReputationRep:
    Music was my worse subject back in GCSE years, got a G in one of my coursework modules and a C overall..

ReputationRep:
    Mine was History, where I got a D

It was my only D, though, I passed every other subject!

ReputationRep:
    French - Only a D (so not all that bad)

At my school it was compulsory to take a foreign language subject as one of your GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    History - D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was on the UMS Mark for a B after a remark from a C in English Lit.

In LLW I got a B and got it remarked and it also went up to an A

I also did foundation french reading and writing and managed to get a B. Lol. My form teacher said I am the luckiest person she knows... lol

Overall I got, by the skin of my teeth and no more: A*A*A*A*AAABBB... I was so so lucky

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.