The Student Room Group

GCSE you did worst in

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Spanish was my worst, only got a B.
I did worst in french. I got a C in it. I got a couple of other C's as well, but i got worst marks in french.
I enjoyed french (and spanish) up until the end of year 9, but that went downhill when i started year 10. It was mainly the teacher though. He was a bit of a joker who used to tell jokes and try to by funny more than teach us.
Reply 402
still doing gcses but my worst is core science last year, got As in the exams but only a c in the ISA, reducing my grade to a b overall, kind of ruined the a-a* count
Chemistry. I hated it with a vengance.
Reply 404
The Neg trolls are among us >.<
Reply 405
P.E. for the win! - I got an E.

On the 12 minute run I ran for about 40 seconds, then I was tired. After I just started walking round, everyone else was just telling me "Come on ______, you can do it!!" And to them I say, "**** you. You don't know me, you don't know my life, you don't know what I had for breakfast."
Food Tech - grade C. I hated it but my silly school forced us to take a DT GCSE.
Reply 407
geo one paper i got a U most terrible grade ever but thankfully i retok the exam and got a A but the most depressing grade was english i got a C hoping to retake again!!!
Reply 408
Drama and Graphic Products - Got B's in both. Apparently I cant act or draw! LOL
Well, I got an A in Drama.... somehow (I can't act for toffee) so that was my worst subject even though the grade was good at the end of it.
Lol this is TSR, so naturally there's people crying over As because they wanted an A*.

I got Ds for History and Physics. History because my dick of a teacher really couldn't have cared less so he kept saying I was fine and we would all pass because he didn't want to have to help us. Physics because I was forced into doing it even though I'm crap.
So far (i'm in the middle of doing them) its Spanish at a C which is depressing because it ruins my A*-B grades. Luckily, I have Latin at an A/A* grade to fall back on.
Reply 412
D in Art. :awesome:

sticking string on a piece of paper and throwing paint at it - A*
lots of technical pencil drawings and detailed painting - D

:sad:

Can't say it's ever held me back though... I still draw lots to this day and always had the dream in the back of mind of cracking it as an artist one day. Maybe I'll frame my results certificate as inspiration.
Technically the worst was my B in short-course RE, but the full GCSE that irks me the most was my A in French - our teacher never gave us any of our coursework grades back so we all went into our final exams having no idea where we stood.

And to TheBitchOf96, I don't think many people are 'crying over As' - they're simply answering the thread, and if their worst GCSE was an A then fair play to them.
A D in French as a Foreign Language for IGCSE which was great considering the fact that I was taught by a congolese man who would mix his own language with the french he was teaching us. :colone:
History, I got a D.
Reply 416
I got a C in Astronomy but to be fair it was something I did every Sunday in my own time, and in just a year - it was the only GCSE I took in year 10. Feels like a very long time ago now!
My worst GCSE result was a C in short-course ICT...but then our class never really tried to complete the coursework well enough and I wasn't exactly motivated to work hard because it seemed like a bit of a waste of time.

I think the most disappointing grades were my A's in Geography and History - after the first history exam and the coursework (which makes up 50% of the GCSE) I was on target for an A* (I'd got something like 46.5% out of the whole GCSE) and I don't know how I messed it up! With Geography I probably didn't revise as hard as I should have - even though we had a whole week to revise for the exams!

Ahh well, still pretty happy with them both being A's but would have preferred my targets of A*s :smile:

As to what I am getting now: I got an E in AS chemistry (woo!) and I'm getting B's/C's/D's in politics work
Reply 418
B in stats, was my lowest and I didn't want to take it :frown:
Reply 419
B in Citizenship...

We were forced to take it at our school. What a monumental waste of time; not a single teacher had any clue about we needed to know. Not to mention the fact that it was only a half-GCSE, making it practically useless...

Quick Reply

Latest