Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE you did worst in Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Maths, got a D... Not my strong subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    French, I was predicted an A and got a D :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My worst subject was English Lit, in the end I got a C in it. I'm awesome with spelling and grammar, but when it comes to books and poetry...I'm useless!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    And me, same for RE but my watch stopped in that one :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I spent too long on the first 3 shorter questions, I only had 30 mins to answer the last 2 questions, I did finish (just). I'm surprised I didn't do worse than that, thanks god for coursework lol
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgwktm)
    I spent too long on the first 3 shorter questions, I only had 30 mins to answer the last 2 questions, I did finish (just). I'm surprised I didn't do worse than that, thanks god for coursework lol
    I just totally messed up English lit, it was never going to be my strongest subject but I could have got an A. I ended up one mark off and didn't get it remarked, which especially given all the problems with the grade boundaries last summer was just stupid! Oh well, it's done now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the main reason for my bad grade in Geography was the fact when it came to the exam my mind just went blank.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Graphic Design. I'd never been a big fan of DT and choose Graphic Design because I wasn't keen on practical workshop sessions. However I soon realised that you need to have a good ability to draw and design objects, which I completely lack.

I enjoyed the lessons and the project work, but sadly the examiners didn't appreciate my atrocious artistic abilities and even worse knowledge of how products are designed.

ReputationRep:
    English lit...my only A. You asked for my worst I give you my worst...here comes the negs.

ReputationRep:
    Welsh... After learning it for 13 years I still haven't been able to grasp it beyond basics. Our friends labelled the exam for it as 'Doomsday', as we knew that we weren't prepared. I don't think I've failed, though; probably have a B overall, because I did really well in the assessments (I don't know how I got by without revising lol).
    I also think I failed the English Lit exam this year. I hate Lord of the Flies, but love Blood Brothers, and was hrrified when the question were easier for LOTF and not BB, so I think my shock really put me off in that one, and again will probably average an A or B overall.

ReputationRep:
    MATHS I think, which really sucks because if I fail I have to retake. Also art, but I guess that won't matter as much. Ah, who am I kidding? EVERY SINGLE SUBJECT. *WEEPS*

ReputationRep:
    English literature C lucky its the English that no one cares about!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Resistant Materials, got a D but did it in one year in year 9 with no prep for the exam so at least I passed, kind of :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty sure it would be geography - I had a panic attack in the first exam and had to be pulled out for a while. But somehow I managed to get an A, and my worst was Latin - I got a B, surprisingly. I had As and A*s all year in my mocks, and we did one every two weeks, so it's disappointing that I got a B.

ReputationRep:
    Mine would be Mathematics in which I got a ghastly C in! My fault for never bothering to learn the formulae.

ReputationRep:
    Design and Technology: Resistant Materials. I got a D with 231 UMS points so was 9 UMS off a C. I actually got a A on my exam but my coursework was rubbish at E.

ReputationRep:
    for me, it was P.E :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    History with a C - I think I could've done better (I love history) but my teacher really unmotivated me and I don't want to retake so I'll live with it

ReputationRep:
    English was at first the worst but i improved my grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spaghetti head)
    I was in the top set for science and got a D in chemistry... I hated the teacher so just sat and took the p*** out of her for 2 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hence, you got a D.

ReputationRep:
    d in english lang -.- and in geog but im getting geog remarked cos i got an A in two exams and its a D

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.