Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE you did worst in Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    English language, which I always knew would be the case so I was still happy with my grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm going into year 10 this September so I only did one GCSE im advance and that was urdu (which I've been speaing for forever so it was quite easy), but I heard that most people dropped grades in English language and English Lit. Is this true?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i got a C in my English, although i dont know how... because i was pretty confident at English... i got 7A*s and 1C on my certificate

ReputationRep:
    Grade D statistics considerating that i started halfway through the year

ReputationRep:
    I did worst in Latin, I got an A but I was really happy with that considering I thought I would get a low C

ReputationRep:
    woah, thank for the negative score guys

ReputationRep:
    English Language and French. Got a C in both.

ReputationRep:
    I got a c in physics, such a brilliant subject only I never put effort it I regret not doing it at a level

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    RE and English language, I got a B for both. wasn't bothered about getting a B in RE but I was really annoyed about English, it was a low B too, only 7 marks off getting a C :eek: which would have meant that I couldn't do English at A level which would have ruined everything, so glad that never happened. I messed up my exam timings, spent 40 mins on an 8 mark question
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnPark)
    i got a C in my English, although i dont know how... because i was pretty confident at English... i got 7A*s and 1C on my certificate
    English was messed up last year due to grade boundaries problems
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Reporter Team
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    English literature - I never liked it anyway but I got an A at least.

ReputationRep:
    Maths, I got a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    E in textiles...

*sigh* my rebellious vodka drinking during lessons days :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    E in Physical Education and Citizenship. Two subjects I did not give a crap about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LLW!
    I don't understand it! My powerpoints were beautiful :mad:
    I didn't really revise for the exams though. I should have.

I thought it was going to be Art because I worked painstakingly on my first project, with hundreds of hours of sketches, research and general time wasting things in my sketchbook, but I didn't finish my final project until the day before. I was literally sewing my quilt together at 4AM and it turned out to be weird looking: you could tell which parts I had done the year before and which were night before. Still! I managed to get 200/200! I had a figurative heart attack when I saw that, but when it comes to GCSE Art, BACKUP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

It was the second project that I ****ed over entirely. I just didn't put the work in. My final piece was ok, but I didn't have the backup work. There was a maximum limit of 8 A2 pages. I handed in about 4. I spent the last crucial night fixing up my first project instead of the second which had virtually nothing. ART STUDENTS, DO NOT NEGLECT WHAT YOUR TEACHER TELLS YOU TO DO. NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

I still got 130/160 which put me into solid A territory, even though I was expecting a D...But...the trauma and the knowledge that I'm a ****ing, lazy brat that brought it on myself is simply too much to bear. Needless to say, I dropped Art for A levels.

Wow, that's rather long. Tl;dr: If you're doing GCSE Art, do what your teacher says. Do it well and in time, or your sanity will suffer.
    AND DON'T NEGLECT CITIZENSHIP, CAREERS AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT. THE ANSWERS ARE SO RIDICULOUSLY EASY THAT YOU WILL NOT BOTHER REVISING AND THEN YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

ReputationRep:
    French, only 4 UMS into an A aha

ReputationRep:
    B in english language, I got A*s in everything else!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Science , i got an E

ReputationRep:
    I got a B in application of maths. Not disappointed though -- still a good grade.

ReputationRep:
    German.. I got a C even though I got all A*s in cousework assesments which was 60%..Did crap on exam papersss which pulled it down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.