Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    English Language- C
    Hated English :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    French - got an E. I never learnt French in school and in years 10 and 11 our French teacher was off sick for 95% of the lessons. Instead we had supply teachers cover our lessons and everyone was messing around like kids in the playground. I really wanted to learn French

ReputationRep:
    I left school in 2008. Got a 'u' in Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Astronomy GCSE (biggest regret) scraped a C, just

ReputationRep:
    Got a B in Philosophy, we had two exams, I got an A* in the first and forgot about the second but managed to scrape a C

ReputationRep:
    Science

ReputationRep:
    Maths (I'm number blind) and PE. B in both. No-one likes moving anyway. :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Science for me, i got 2 E's for it..I didn't pay much attention in that lesson, and when i did i just couldnt absorb what i was being taught and therefore switched off. i would love to give it another go tho, 5 years on, i recon i could do well in it.

ReputationRep:
    RE, I got a D I had a panic attack In the exam and walked out, I was allowed back in, but it was an hour and Half exam. I used 27 minutes of it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smudge_moon)
    RE, I got a D I had a panic attack In the exam and walked out, I was allowed back in, but it was an hour and Half exam. I used 27 minutes of it.

You did extremely well to get a D in a third of the exam.

ReputationRep:
    I got a C in RE. At the time I just didn't see it as important. Actually, I still don't...

ReputationRep:
    Geography.Got a B on the coursework portion. A overall.

I also feel like venting my frustration here about Biology. It was my strongest subject and the one I liked the most but only ended up with an 'A' overall. You may think I'm overestimating myself but you have to understand that I was only one UMS off an A* and what's more, I got 100% on both exam papers!

It was the coursework that let me down-I got a B. The thing is, it was practically the same type of CW as the other sciences where I got 100% and 99% on Phy and Chem. I felt the quality of my Biology coursework was very similar to the others and when my teacher checked it, she told me it was A*. So, I felt there was no need for improving and went on my leisurely way, only to find out I got a low B when the moderator marked it(another bio teacher). I was like: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    TEXTILES . . . . DAMN YOUUUU!!!!!

Thinking I was going into a subject where I could 'express my creative side' and develop gentile skills such as needlework and constructing dresses, instead it metaphorically flung me into a pit of depression and the complete inability to motivate myself to do anything. It nearly sabotaged my future.

ReputationRep:
    Design And Technology: Resistant Materials and I got a B :mad:

its finee, i dont ever have to do that again, thank god...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    You did extremely well to get a D in a third of the exam.
    My parents see it the same way as that

ReputationRep:
    Failing ICT :P.. because having multiplayer game sessions in our IT class secretly were more important than learning "How to type in word" or "How to add two numbers together in excel and get an answer"

Some people handed in pages and pages of work, while I handed in 3 half written sheets for the coursework.

ReputationRep:
    English. Thought I could bulba my way through it but apparently bulba.

ReputationRep:
    English Literature :sad: Was predicted a B but ended up with a severe cold the night before.
    Ended up messing up the prose paper (60% worth) & getting a D overall.

ReputationRep:
    if you mean worst as in grade wise... it would have been english with a C, my main issue with it is that i have a tendancy to write long essays in exams and theres just not enough time for that... if i dont cover specific things then i wont get any higher than a c.... but at the time i thought this hindered my chance to get into uni (was not sure if it) so i redid it during a levels ... i had a high c for coursework which i was not allowed to redo unless i redid the actual subject (use it as one of my options), screw that.. i just did the exam... after i did the exam, my old (english) tutor told me i got an A overall... i suppose that means i must have absolutely smashed the exams :cool:

since english became an A, my next lowest is art with a b. similar to english, i needed more time (for my portfolio, not the exam), i was working on a masterpiece, it was a pencil drawing of the westminster cathedral on an A2/3 sheet. i would have got an A or A* had i finished it

i would have liked to keep the picture of the cathedral i drew, finish it and hang it up somewhere, but i cant find it in my portfolio, im sure my art teacher took it, with another student thinking the same... cheeky ***** >:|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pratstercs)
    French. Got a B, but even that was due to profuse cheating in the reading and writing exams, and flopped the other two!
    Haha how were you able to cheat in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.