Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulieRichards)
    yeah i only listed uses but the word 'importance' confused me a little, i didnt know if it was asking for uses or properties or advantages or something completely different
    That's WJEC for you. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    do u think they will be picky on the part of plant which contains photoreceptor? I put leaves but I was ummming and rrrrrrring about whether to put just leaf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamcusirinzon)
    do u think they will be picky on the part of plant which contains photoreceptor? I put leaves but I was ummming and rrrrrrring about whether to put just leaf
    Wjec are mean but I think they'll give you the mark for putting the plural version of the answer :P

ReputationRep:
    A nice exam except the sly bit of BS1. I put: Multiple tertiary structured proteins plus a non-protein group held together by bonds. Should pick up one of 2 marks at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They'll deffo accept both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mclovin123)
    It said afterward, "what enzyme is used for it"? Or something similar. I too put co2, but becuase I did not know the enzyme I just put ATPase.
    I put NADPH and the enzyme dehydrogenase because that W was everywhere even in the krebs cycle so I though it must be NADH because that was everywhere by the enzyme dehydrogenase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarah A)
    I put NADPH and the enzyme dehydrogenase because that W was everywhere even in the krebs cycle so I though it must be NADH because that was everywhere by the enzyme dehydrogenase.
    I thought along the same lines as you at first!! but then I realised if it was NADH2 then it would've present in glycolysis as well but it wasnt...in my opinion it was carbon dioxide and the enzyme was decarboxylase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zacb95)
    A nice exam except the sly bit of BS1. I put: Multiple tertiary structured proteins plus a non-protein group held together by bonds. Should pick up one of 2 marks at least

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put multiple polypeptide chains woven and folded held together by hydrogen bonds. But to be honest I was just babbling I think. Not a fan of WJEC

ReputationRep:
    I thought along the same lines as you at first!! but then I realised if it was NADH2 then it would've present in glycolysis as well but it wasnt...in my opinion it was carbon dioxide and the enzyme was decarboxylase.
    I had the exact same trail of thoughts like you haha! Think it was carbon dioxide but was threw off track with the next qs on the production of the compound..but still put decarboxylase. Hope we're right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcsbc)
    I put multiple polypeptide chains woven and folded held together by hydrogen bonds. But to be honest I was just babbling I think. Not a fan of WJEC
    You're not alone.

ReputationRep:
    WJEC are so sneaky one of the essays in the HB4 paper was the same as BY4 last year

ReputationRep:
    The eight mark table was horrible!!
    I put two of the locations the wrong way around and because I did so for both mitochondria and chloroplasts that is a whole 4 marks down the drain!!
    Was really shocked about the lack of kidney questions! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevo95)
    Ahh I went for thylakoid and matrix... Hmmm... Yeah! I can't remember now about that one haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's the stroma for chloroplast, because this is to maintain the H+ conc gradient inside the thylakoid space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloels)
    The eight mark table was horrible!!
    I put two of the locations the wrong way around and because I did so for both mitochondria and chloroplasts that is a whole 4 marks down the drain!!
    Was really shocked about the lack of kidney questions! :O
    I have to agree, it required a little more understand the study and revision give you, where as it is well explained in the textbook printed in Nov, would definitely recommend that book.

ReputationRep:
    WJEC are such sly dogs! They literally try and catch you out on everything, its as if they want you to fail or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellaott)
    WJEC are such sly dogs! They literally try and catch you out on everything, its as if they want you to fail or something.
    Definitely, have you seen BY5? My plan is to revise from now and make sure I know absolutely everything.

ReputationRep:
    Ive briefly looked over it but I didnt like the look of what I saw! Yeah, me too. Hate exams so much, i always doubt myself then panic even though in lessons and at home everythings fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hope you've all done well guys!

ReputationRep:
    this exam was awful! hated the population pages and ATP question the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lex300)
    this exam was awful! hated the population pages and ATP question the most.
    The Edexcel Biology unit 4 was TERRIBLE !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.