Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    Good luck with Cardiff!

Exeter :crossedf: AAB (already have the B, just resitting one paper in economics for an A, and biology for the other- although it's a first sitting)

I'm a third year
    Thanks very much, good luck with exeter! sounds like you're close to getting in then! awh soo Am I lmao, I didn't sit the exams in the first year tho because I went to a new college and got depressed so came back to my old school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamcusirinzon)
    Thanks very much, good luck with exeter! sounds like you're close to getting in then! awh soo Am I lmao, I didn't sit the exams in the first year tho because I went to a new college and got depressed so came back to my old school
    Thank you

:hugs: I ended up having kidney failure/ arious other ailments in the past few years hence the 3rd year!

Good luck tomorrow! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone's result was what they hoped.

I got 100/120 which was a bit meh, as I had been predicted an A*. However it's still a solid A so definitely not complaining.

If anybody wants to convert their UMS to a raw mark to see by just how many marks WJEC screwed you over check here. 69/80 for an A* seems very high.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping everyone did great, as I'm sure you all did. I got 106/120 which I was fairly happy with to be fair, round about what I was expecting!
    Dreading the next exams now though! Grr.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone retaking BY4? Ahhh bet im the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyyyy)
    Is anyone retaking BY4? Ahhh bet im the only one
    Meeee, I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popnit)
    Meeee, I am!
    Ahhh thank god haha! i'm so nervous... I only just started revising for it a few days ago only because I havent got anything to lose as I did get a B last time & retook by3 so hopefully that'll up my grade... anyway, wanna talk about BY4?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh thank god haha! i'm so nervous... I only just started revising for it a few days ago only because I havent got anything to lose as I did get a B last time & retook by3 so hopefully that'll up my grade... anyway, wanna talk about BY4?
    Same here hah!
    Okay sure..What are you struggling on most?

ReputationRep:
    Same here hah!
    Okay sure..What are you struggling on most?
    Haha alright well that makes me feel slightly better then
    Ahh where do I begin, well actually it's not too bad..
    The kidney and nerve impulses all that action potential and resting potential stuffs just confuses me!

Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Haha alright well that makes me feel slightly better then
    Ahh where do I begin, well actually it's not too bad..
    The kidney and nerve impulses all that action potential and resting potential stuffs just confuses me!

Yourself?
    Ahh yes I don't like kidneys after ultrafiltration. Nervous system I'm ok with but need to revise the drugs bit. I hate photoperiodism tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yes I don't like kidneys after ultrafiltration. Nervous system I'm ok with but need to revise the drugs bit. I hate photoperiodism tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah cool, oh yeah! that drugs bit is annoying .. our teacher said we had to learn specific stuff about loads of drugs but in the WJEC book it just says we need to know about organophosphorus insecticides :confused: so my teacher is probably wrong! aha. I hate that too, as soon as I think I understand it I go to do a question on it and its like.... oh dammit

We ask some questions to test our knowledge?

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool, oh yeah! that drugs bit is annoying .. our teacher said we had to learn specific stuff about loads of drugs but in the WJEC book it just says we need to know about organophosphorus insecticides :confused: so my teacher is probably wrong! aha. I hate that too, as soon as I think I understand it I go to do a question on it and its like.... oh dammit

We ask some questions to test our knowledge?
    Yeah don't think we need to do loads. Just how they behave e.g mimic neurotransmitter etc.
    YES same! I can't do photoperiodism haha.

Indeed we can

ReputationRep:
    Yeah don't think we need to do loads. Just how they behave e.g mimic neurotransmitter etc.
    YES same! I can't do photoperiodism haha.

Indeed we can
    Ah phew! Hopefully we'll learn... Eeek 6 days left though! Not going to think about that..

Sweet, well I will try to think of a question now then..

Describe ultrafiltration, and explain how the different layers of cells influence this process.

(I'm not the best at wording things but hope that's okay xD)

ReputationRep:
    Ah phew! Hopefully we'll learn... Eeek 6 days left though! Not going to think about that..

Sweet, well I will try to think of a question now then..

Describe ultrafiltration, and explain how the different layers of cells influence this process.

(I'm not the best at wording things but hope that's okay xD)
    Arghhh! :eek:

It's okay, I'll bullet point the answer:
    - Ultrafiltration takes place when the wider afferent arteriole brings the filtrate in to the glomerulus.
    - As it passes through the glomerulus, it comes to the narrow efferent arteriole which creates a hydrostatic pressure.
    - This pressure forces small soluble substances such as water and salts to leave the glomerulus and go in to the Bowman's capsule.
    - The structure of the wall consists of the capillary wall which has small gaps, basement membrane which acts as a filter, epithelial cells called podocytes.

Sorry it's a bit rubbish haha!

Here's one for you (been used in a past paper)

Describe the formation of ATP in the electron transport chain.

ReputationRep:
    Arghhh! :eek:

It's okay, I'll bullet point the answer:
    - Ultrafiltration takes place when the wider afferent arteriole brings the filtrate in to the glomerulus.
    - As it passes through the glomerulus, it comes to the narrow efferent arteriole which creates a hydrostatic pressure.
    - This pressure forces small soluble substances such as water and salts to leave the glomerulus and go in to the Bowman's capsule.
    - The structure of the wall consists of the capillary wall which has small gaps, basement membrane which acts as a filter, epithelial cells called podocytes.

Sorry it's a bit rubbish haha!

Here's one for you (been used in a past paper)

Describe the formation of ATP in the electron transport chain.
    ahh sorry i didnt reply, i haven't really been on TSR, literally have just been frantically cramming and making notes xD

how did you find it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.