Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevo95)
    Density dependent factors.... Availability of food source... space... accumulation of toxic waste etc...
    I know but 'describe' implies a more detailed response than just simply stating the factors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bord3r)
    What are two forms of nitrogen taken up by plants? I put nitrates and ammonium.
    As someone has already said WJEC insist on asking questions from little obscure parts of the syllabus and avoid whole topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said ammonium ions & atmospheric nitrogen because Rhizobium is found in roots of legumes :confused:

(Original post by hcsbc)
    why did you have to multiply it by 2? I think I got 680000. Is that wrong then? Damn!
    Sample on agar plate was 0.5cm3 and it asked for 1cm3 mate

ReputationRep:
    What about that put the numbers in the table respiration question near the end? Substrate phosphorylation and ATP used in phosphorylation? Never head of the first and thought phosphorylation was making ATP...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamcusirinzon)
    I know but 'describe' implies a more detailed response than just simply stating the factors?
    Yeah explain as well! Intraspecific comp for food... Can't get nutrients they require.... Toxic waste makes disease and infection more likely...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    I said ammonium ions & atmospheric nitrogen because Rhizobium is found in roots of legumes :confused:

Sample on agar plate was 0.5cm3 and it asked for 1cm3 mate
    Cheers. Fair enough, I remember the graph showing that actually. So sneaky though, that's really knocked my confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greyscales)
    What about that put the numbers in the table respiration question near the end? Substrate phosphorylation and ATP used in phosphorylation? Never head of the first and thought phosphorylation was making ATP...
    I think I put:

1, 2

Although I think I could be wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greyscales)

I think but I have absolutely no idea, thinking now that the three was wrong and it should have been 2. Phosphorylation is just the addition of a phosphate group so one for the conversion of glucose to hexose phosphate should be right I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulmedic28)

I think but I have absolutely no idea, thinking now that the three was wrong and it should have been 2. Phosphorylation is just the addition of a phosphate group so one for the conversion of glucose to hexose phosphate should be right I think!
    I put;

Substrate level Phosp. happens in Glycolysis twice and in Kreb's however there was no label in Kreb's that matched where Phos. occurs so it was just 1 and 2.
    It was between 3 and 4 for the second box.
    Last box was almost certainly just 1.

ReputationRep:
    I put;

Substrate level Phosp. happens in Glycolysis twice and in Kreb's however there was no label in Kreb's that matched where Phos. occurs so it was just 1 and 2.
    Ah damn I thought it happened in the link reaction as well but thinking about it that doesn't really make sense... Should have put two in the top one... oh well what's done is done.

ReputationRep:
    Q1
    -Photoperiodism
    -Phytochrome
    -Leaf
    -Nitrates/Nitrites/Ammonium (?)
    -Denitrification
    -Azotobacter

Q2
    -G+ Purple and G- Red
    -Gram positive have just murein cell wall so take up Violet, negative have lipopolysaccaride layer as well as murein so do not take up die, however once treated with Iodine they take up Counter stain.
    -Bacillus
    -Spirillus
    -Coccus
    -Something about lipopolysaccaride layer protecting from stomach acid maybe?
    -Three of the plates had too many colonies so clumped together, the other had too little.
    -1 690 000
    -Some colonies may merge together so are only counted as one.

Anybody who wishes to add any other answers I'll happily put them together.

ReputationRep:
    I put;

I thought it was between 1 and 2 for the second box. Because Glycerol would enter Glycolysis as a 3 Carbon molecule equivalent to Triose Phosphate, which was in between 1 and 2. Although I could be wrong, and I probably am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcsbc)
    I thought it was between 1 and 2 for the second box. Because Glycerol would enter Glycolysis as a 3 Carbon molecule equivalent to Triose Phosphate, which was in between 1 and 2. Although I could be wrong, and I probably am.
    I have literally no idea either I just guessed. I think you may be right come to think of it.

ReputationRep:
    Q1
    -Photoperiodism
    -Phytochrome
    -Leaf
    -Nitrates/Nitrites/Ammonium (?)
    -Denitrification
    -Azotobacter

Q2
    -G+ Purple and G- Red
    -Gram positive have just murein cell wall so take up Violet, negative have lipopolysaccaride layer as well as murein so do not take up die, however once treated with Iodine they take up Counter stain.
    -Bacillus
    -Spirillus
    -Coccus
    -Something about lipopolysaccaride layer protecting from stomach acid maybe?
    -Three of the plates had too many colonies so clumped together, the other had too little.
    -1 690 000
    -Some colonies may merge together so are only counted as one.

Anybody who wishes to add any other answers I'll happily put them together.
    Would you mind not doing that on this thread please. The answers don't help now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBean1994)
    Would you mind not doing that on this thread please. The answers don't help now.
    This is the exam thread, if you don't want to discuss the exam that's fine but I would advise against reading this thread.

ReputationRep:
    This is the exam thread, if you don't want to discuss the exam that's fine but I would advise against reading this thread.
    I'm aware what this thread is. I made it. If people want to know the answers to the paper, I'm sure they can ask you instead of you posting it for the whole student world to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcsbc)
    There was a label in kerbs where it occurs wasn't there? Between the 5C and the 4C.... I could be wrong though aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcsbc)
    Oops sorry misread that haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBean1994)
    I'm aware what this thread is. I made it. If people want to know the answers to the paper, I'm sure they can ask you instead of you posting it for the whole student world to see.
    Then what is this thread for exactly? Exam threads are for discussing the paper after the exam, just look at the AQA and OCR Biology exam threads.

ReputationRep:
    Then what is this thread for exactly? Exam threads are for discussing the paper after the exam, just look at the AQA and OCR Biology exam threads.
    Well, if you scroll back the past 7 pages to the start I'm sure you'll read what the thread was for. I think you'll find that it wasn't for answers to the exam, purely for discussing the possible topic that may be involved.

ReputationRep:
    Btw anyone sitting wjec chemistry ch4 on Monday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.