Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vegetarian food at Uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutella:3)
    At some Uni's you can eat self catered but have the option to buy a meal on campus if you feel like it. So you're not completely restricted.
    I know at my Uni that I am self catered, but if I fancied a cooked meal then I can buy a 'ticket' and eat in the catered dining hall.

Most Uni's have little cafe's and restaurants that are open till 6ish and are fairly reasonable (at least they are at Exe, South and Bris)

P.s, your username reminds me ... you can buy squeezy nutella! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GooglyEyedMonster)
    I know at my Uni that I am self catered, but if I fancied a cooked meal then I can buy a 'ticket' and eat in the catered dining hall.

Most Uni's have little cafe's and restaurants that are open till 6ish and are fairly reasonable (at least they are at Exe, South and Bris)

:eek: Where would I get that from!??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutella:3)
    :eek: Where would I get that from!??!
    I say it in the big Tesco's extra. I was looking for chocolate spread (can't eat the nuts) and there it was. My mind was blown. I mean, it saves getting a knife dirty! ....And you could eat in in the library ....

ReputationRep:
    I say it in the big Tesco's extra. I was looking for chocolate spread (can't eat the nuts) and there it was. My mind was blown. I mean, it saves getting a knife dirty! ....And you could eat in in the library ....
    There's a Tesco right near me! Ahhh thank you for this! This is amazing! :woo:

ReputationRep:

aah, thats good then, think i'll be going SC! thank you for telling me this!

ReputationRep:
    Self-catered is better anyway, veggie or not. Having independence, having full control of what you eat, is brilliant. And as another poster said, most, if not all universities will have an eating establishment on campus.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bri-grace)
    hi guys
    i'm currently in year 12, and i know uni is a while off yet, but my tutor at sixth form has asked us to start thinking about which uni's we're interested in, and wether we're interested in catered or self-catered. i know i want to go Scotland but not sure which uni yet but....
    so i was wondering how good the vegetarian options are at most universities for catered meals? i'm particularly interested in Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh, but details from any uni would be great!
    This isn't about the catered meals but more about the eateries on campus. I'm at Glasgow and they always have vegetarian (and halal) options on the menu in the most popular eateries. I don't know if you have Twitter but if you do you could look out a few from @GlasgowUniFood and you may be able to see some of the vegetarian dishes they have had recently, in case you were maybe at uni over lunchtime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GermanScientist)
    This isn't about the catered meals but more about the eateries on campus. I'm at Glasgow and they always have vegetarian (and halal) options on the menu in the most popular eateries. I don't know if you have Twitter but if you do you could look out a few from @GlasgowUniFood and you may be able to see some of the vegetarian dishes they have had recently, in case you were maybe at uni over lunchtime.
    oh good, yeah i'll check their twitter now! thanks for telling me that!

i think glasgow is probably gonna be my first choice, so this is really so helpful, thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.