Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Describe The Person Above You Generation IX Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Well, when feminism came about, discrimination against men was unheard of, so anti-sexism or whatever instead of feminist (something related to females) would not have made sense imo. I do agree though that most of these terms should now be defunct. Policeperson, fireperson(?)
    Quite true. But I believe if feminism wishes to continue in the 21st century western world, then it is in need of a name change :yep: Firstly, a lot of men feel excluded by the term feminism and secondly feminism was created at a time when women were clearly at a great disadvantage. However I feel a new term is needed to take into account new problems in our society that include issues effecting men as well. Most prisoners are male, males underperforming at all levels of education compared to females, paternity leave is not equal to maternity leave and a whole host of other issues :yep:

Also there is an interesting village in India where the gender lines are the opposite way around and women rule society and men are discriminated against >_>
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16592633

ReputationRep:
    I'm having fun using my subscription to neg members that negged me! :teehee:

(Original post by ipoop)
    TBH I can't remember how or when it happened, but it did. :dontknow: English is pretty much my first language now. :sigh:
    Aww that's really sad :unsure:
    Get using it again! :beer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boumavilla)
    I'm having fun using my subscription to neg members that negged me! :teehee:
    I haven't revenge negged anyone. :mmm: Apart from TH. :mmm: The polar dude negged me, so I negged TH. :mmm:

Aww that's really sad :unsure:
    Get using it again! :beer:
    Meh, my French will never be as good as my English no matter how many books I borrow from the library, as long as I live here. It's alright, I speak three international languages, I have no ground to complain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    What post is zis?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...75&postcount=2
    It's up to 29 now :zomg::daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    btw guys, how long does it take between receiving rep and it upping your rep count? Cause I've overall been repped well over 30 times and I've only gone up by 30 points so far...

ReputationRep:
    ^All the people repping you have low reps. It is not quantity but quality of the rep. You want to get repped by people with higher reputations as then your rep will go up faster.

ReputationRep:
    ^ cares about rep

ReputationRep:
    ^Doesn't care about rep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    ^Doesn't care about rep?
    I occasionally look at my rep points to see if I can think of an interesting historical occurrence that took place in that year. Currently I have the same number of rep points as the year that James Joyce's Ulysses was published.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    ^ cares about rep
    And what would lead you to believe that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    And what would lead you to believe that?
    Nothing

ReputationRep:
    Morning guys

ReputationRep:
    ^Buenos días

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    ^All the people repping you have low reps. It is not quantity but quality of the rep. You want to get repped by people with higher reputations as then your rep will go up faster.
    I realise how the rep system works and I know that I'm still owed some rep assuming people can't rep me less than 1 at a time. :rolleyes::lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowWithAnI)
    I realise how the rep system works and I know that I'm still owed some rep assuming people can't rep me less than 1 at a time. :rolleyes::lol:
    They can, you have a rep power of 0 if you have red gems or are newish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    They can, you have a rep power of 0 if you have red gems or are newish.
    oh I thought there was a minimum rep of 1 :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I haven't revenge negged anyone. :mmm: Apart from TH. :mmm: The polar dude negged me, so I negged TH. :mmm:

Meh, my French will never be as good as my English no matter how many books I borrow from the library, as long as I live here. It's alright, I speak three international languages, I have no ground to complain.
    Someone doesn't like TH. :teehee:

Nonono, no reason to complain I suppose. Your English is impeccable. Although if you did return to France, everything would most likely return, my uncle has been back from Holland for some years now, and his level of Dutch has decreased considerably as he never uses it :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Morning guys:hi:

Had a good sleep everyone no nightmares no bogey monsters

Yes if you don't speak the language a long time then you do become rusty I had to learn English at around 10 years of age and now I do a speak it fluently.

And my Dutch isn't that great now either.

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak Bengali anymore properly

Last night I had a dream where I was killed... A shotgun to the head.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    oh I thought there was a minimum rep of 1 :emo:
    Nope, my last 15 reps have been 0s (Actually just checked and I got a 1 earlier today). Driving me crazy because I'm so close to another gem :woo:

btw guys, how long does it take between receiving rep and it upping your rep count? Cause I've overall been repped well over 30 times and I've only gone up by 30 points so far...

I negged you to make things more interesting :pierre:

Not really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.