ReputationRep:
    ^^ Thinks sexual harassment is ok :hand:

and yes, I did just hand you

^ ninjaed me

ReputationRep:
    ^ how dare you womanhandle me :unimpressed:
    Some people like to be sexually harassed :yes:

ReputationRep:
    ^ I'm not sure it's harrassment if they enjoy it. And it really is polite to ask first.

edit: very quick google search - Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (as amended) s.4A (1) (a):

(1) For the purposes of this Act, a person subjects a woman to harassment if—
    (a)[F17he engages in unwanted conduct that is related to her sex or that of another person and] has the purpose or effect—
    (i)of violating her dignity, or
    (ii)of creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for her

(Original post by boumavilla)
    I don't mind at all :nah:

In fact, I'm proud of being a TSRian :awesome:
    I'm thoroughly ashamed of being a TSRian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowWithAnI)
    I would like to be womanhandled, how do I make it happen? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Lord iPoop at your service, M'Lady. :hat2:

Hello. :sexface:
    Hello.
    Lord?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    ^ I'm not sure it's harrassment if they enjoy it. And it really is polite to ask first.

edit: very quick google search - Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (as amended) s.4A (1) (a):

(1) For the purposes of this Act, a person subjects a woman to harassment if—
    (a)[F17he engages in unwanted conduct that is related to her sex or that of another person and] has the purpose or effect—
    (i)of violating her dignity, or
    (ii)of creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for her
    I think it frankly laughable that this is part of the sex discrimination act and yet it is laid out in a way that suggests it can only happen to females :curious: what do you think?

And yes but how do you know if it is unwanted? Not always as clear as you might think...
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I would like to be womanhandled, how do I make it happen? :sexface:
    Just say something controversial or mistreat a female apparently :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilylove)
    Hello.
    Lord?
    Hello M'Lady, how do you do? :hat2:
    Just say something controversial or mistreat a female apparently :rolleyes:
    But I want to be handled sexually, having said that, I would like it if the handler was angry... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    But I want to be handled sexually, having said that, I would like it if the handler was angry... :sexface:
    I think you should read this post again before you continue on this line of thought: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=3612

:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I think you should read this post again before you continue on this line of thought: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=3612

:mmm:
    I still want ot be womanhandled.... :sadnod:

(Original post by beeninetytwo)
    :dice:
    Any chances of you forcefully handling me? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Any chances of you forcefully handling me? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Hello M'Lady, how do you do? :hat2:

I'n doing fine, thank you. And you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)

Sex descrimination act annoys me Male nurses can still get descriminated against and also some clubs still let women in for free before a certain hour :unimpressed: And also until recently, girls got charged less on car insurance >_<

ReputationRep:
    insert overtly sexualised video here. :pierre:
    I would not mind if she womanhandled me. :yep: How much does she charge?

ReputationRep:
    But the word harassed in itself says it all, it's unwanted attention. If people do like to be sexually 'harassed', then that is just some form of flirting or should be named something else :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I think it frankly laughable that this is part of the sex discrimination act and yet it is laid out in a way that suggests it can only happen to females :curious: what do you think?

And yes but how do you know if it is unwanted? Not always as clear as you might think...
    I think you're meant to establish that it is wanted. I dunno.

And yeah, that's laughable and awful but was written in 1975 and was last amended by the Sex Discrimination Regulations 2005, which states it applies equally to men and women. Also, the regulations were probably brought in by Parliament to comply with the 2003 EU equality directive which if I recall correctly had a deadline to implement by 2005. So this would make sense. I'm going out on a limb here, but there was possibly case law between 1975 and 2005 that would interpret the statute more fairly. Certainly, after the Human Rights Act commenced if a case came to court involving a woman harassing a man the court would have been obliged to interpret that in a non discriminatory way and they can be quite creative. I have no idea if that ever happened though. In any case, the law applies to men and women now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilylove)
    I'n doing fine, thank you. And you?
    Good, good. What brings you to TSR? :cookie:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Sex descrimination act annoys me Male nurses can still get descriminated against and also some clubs still let women in for free before a certain hour :unimpressed: And also until recently, girls got charged less on car insurance >_<
    This gets on my nerves too, but the clubs have it in their mind that if they charged girls to get in then they would not come and every bar would fill up with guys, which in turn will decrease the abatement of the male clientele. I know that is bull****. Girls want to have fun as much as guys, they'll pay, or they'll make some schmuck pay for them. :pierre:

I believe we have already been through this subject before, gender equality will never happen. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    ^ I have never seen any girls been let in free to clubs :dontknow: It's often a female at the paying part so I don't see why she would let girls go in free.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.