Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Describe The Person Above You Generation IX Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranbow99)
    ^ I have never seen any girls been let in free to clubs :dontknow: It's often a female at the paying part so I don't see why she would let girls go in free.
    What clubs have been to? Practically all clubs in London charge guys and let girls in for free. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    ^ maybe she's never been clubbing in London. there is a world outside London you know. Maybe the world outside is a grand utopia of equality and freedom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    What clubs have been to? Practically all clubs in London charge guys and let girls in for free. :lolwut:
    Never been to London clubbing :no: Seriously?! That is pretty bad, I think a lot of girls actually wouldn't mind paying to get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Sex descrimination act annoys me Male nurses can still get descriminated against and also some clubs still let women in for free before a certain hour :unimpressed: And also until recently, girls got charged less on car insurance >_<
    How do male nurses get discriminated against?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    ^ maybe she's never been clubbing in London. there is a world outside London you know. Maybe the world outside is a grand utopia of equality and freedom.
    Perhaps, i have been to Oxford clubbing, I believe even I didn't pay, free entrance it was. :holmes:

Never been to London clubbing :no: Seriously?! That is pretty bad, I think a lot of girls actually wouldn't mind paying to get in
    I thought you lived in London, and therefore had been clubbing in Lundun. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    ^ hasn't realised that ranbow lives at the end of a ranbow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    How do male nurses get discriminated against?
    *Male Nurse asks if you need help*
    You reply, "I'd like to see a female nurse please"
    It is a perfectly acceptable request.

*Female Police officer asks if you need help*
    You reply "I'd like to talk to a male Police Officer please"
    It is an unacceptable request.

ReputationRep:
    "I'd like to see a female nurse please" is a perfectly acceptable request.
    "I'd like to talk to a male Police Officer please" is an unacceptabel request.
    I imagine the latter isn't too unacceptable in certain circumstances. People ask to see female/male doctors for certain issues too. But yes, I take your point.

When I was in hospital last year none of the ward nurses were male. Some of the theatre nurses were, and quite a lot of the nursing assistants.

ReputationRep:
    Morning people :hi:

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^made the same mistake as Ranbow when she created her TSR account :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)

I thought you lived in London, and therefore had been clubbing in Lundun. :holmes:
    Nope :no:

*Male Nurse asks if you need help*
    You reply, "I'd like to see a female nurse please"
    It is a perfectly acceptable request.

*Female Police officer asks if you need help*
    You reply "I'd like to talk to a male Police Officer please"
    It is an unacceptable request.
    I think it depends on the circumstances really :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    ^:youbetcha:
    (Original post by Converse girl)
    Morning people :hi:
    Good evening. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowWithAnI)
    ^^^^made the same mistake as Ranbow when she created her TSR account :mmm:
    What was that? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    ^:youbetcha:

Good evening. :holmes:

It's morning in Australia so I am saying morning to all the Australians out here I haven't lost it yet

ReputationRep:
    What was that? :holmes:
    Missing an I. :pierre:
    It's morning in Australia so I am saying morning to all the Australians out here I haven't lost it yet
    Down under. :holmes: How is it? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the circumstances really :holmes:
    If a male nurse were to come up to a woman and she were to ask if she could see a female nurse instead, there would be little questioning as to her reasoning.

Yet I can't think of a situation where as a male I could ask to see a male police officer? I'm sure there would be a lot of questioning as to why I require a male police officer instead.

ReputationRep:
    You're in Australia?! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    If a male nurse were to come up to a woman and she were to ask if she could see a female nurse instead, there would be little questioning as to her reasoning.

Yet I can't think of a situation where as a male I could ask to see a male police officer? I'm sure there would be a lot of questioning as to why I require a male police officer instead.
    But they would probably still give you a male officer, tbh though there are more reasons for a female to see a female doctor then a man wanting to see a male officer.

ReputationRep:
    :sad: unfortunately no I am in shizzle England where it's so windy :sad:

ReputationRep:
    ^ ohh :sad::console:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.