Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Describe The Person Above You Generation IX Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomclarky)
    He had a skin disease called vitiligo that made his skin white.
    I was about to go through the debate but Zed man already covered it. :ms:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosa Arabelle)
    Aw, t'was a cool message really. :cute:
    Bloody knackered; I've got a looot of work and readings to do in the space of a couple of hours, and it doesn't help that I'm a little hungover. :cry2:
    How are you?
    Thanks

:console: at least you went out last night :grumble:
    I'm OK, got nothing to do atm, can I help you at all? :mmm::lol:
    I'm gunna watch the football later on but that's my only plan :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo F)
    Thanks

I'm OK, got nothing to do atm, can I help at all? :mmm::lol:
    I'm bored too...

I have my English Literature controlled assessment... Then probably courseworks for bio/phy/geography/French/business and statistics...

Cba doing anything though :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    :holmes:

Truth is, I miss this thread :sadnod:
    I can't abandon it :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I'm bored too...

I have my English Literature controlled assessment... Then probably courseworks for bio/phy/geography/French/business and statistics...

Cba doing anything though :mmm:
    You think that's bad? I pulled a muscle yesterday and I can't skate for a week or so until I fully recover what's a man to do if he can't rollerblade all day? :sigh:

I kid, you have it worse than me. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)

I see :beard:

So you have returned for good Teh__Won?

(Original post by ipoop)
    x
    I've given you some pos rep to help negate the neg rep you got breh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    You think that's bad? I pulled a muscle yesterday and I can't skate for a week or so until I fully recover what's a man to do if he can't rollerblade all day? :sigh:

I kid, you have it worse than me. :console:
    :rofl: I wanna roller blade :eek3:

GCSEs suck ass so shizzle... Also, look who's back :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    ^ TH is never ever ever leaving this thread
    He go talk to his friends
    but TH is never ever ever leaving this thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomclarky)
    His autopsy confirmed he had vitiligo so that isn't debateable. It's something that runs in his family.
    His skin did have white patches, just like every other sufferer of the disease but he never allowed people to see them because he covered them with makeup. Makeup which he gradually lightened over time as he realised he could no longer fight against the disease.
    He used bleaching creams to remove the last remaining dark patches because his condition was so severe that it practically took over his whole body. He'd rather have looked one colour than be patchy. The alternative was wearing full body makeup for the rest of his life.

He was extremely proud to be black, of which i could give you numerous examples of.
    For the sake of it, could you provide a few examples of him showing his fondness of being black?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

You can watch the greatest sporting spectacle in the world... THE SUPERBOWL!

ReputationRep:

It was PRSOM for you. :sad:

ReputationRep:

Did you sort out that payslip problem? :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Perhaps :beard: As long as you and Ranboo stays, it'll always be my home
    (Original post by ranbow99)
    ^ TH is never ever ever leaving this thread
    He go talk to his friends
    but TH is never ever ever leaving this thread!
    Um ok

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't remember that happening, but maybe it did. But iPoop's point still stands. The reason he looked the way he did was because he had loads of surgery and bleached his skin. He did not look the way he did merely because of vitiligo.

At teh early stages when the patches are only small, surely he would have just used make up to help match his white patches with his skin colour? But no, he compltely changed his whoel skin colour. So to say he was merely covering them is incorrect. He changed his whole skin colour along with covering them up.

Also thanks for the neg rep :rolleyes:
    In the early stages he did simply cover up the patches to match his black colour. What you're ignoring is that his condition was extremely severe and that it progressively took over the vast majority of his body. He went from simply covering the small white patches to match his natural colour, to being forced to cover any piece of skin that was on show. He just decided to gradually lighten the tone of the makeup over time so that he wasn't going from black to white overnight, which would've been shocking for the public to see. This is all according to his makeup artist who worked with him for 30 years. But you know better right?

He looked the way he did because of 1. Vitiligo and 2. Surgery. He did not bleach himself to be white, only to merely get rid of the last small dark patches on his chest and legs.

If he didn't want to be black then why did he bother with all of the black pride symbols in his music and videos? Singing against the KKK, morphing into a black panther, highlighting racism within the media and the justice system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Did you sort out that payslip problem? :rofl:
    Yes. :grumble:
    Thank you for asking and stalking. :sly:

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps :beard: As long as you and Ranboo stays, it'll always be my home

Um ok
    I was replacing Taylor Swift's lyrics We are never getting back together, I am on a roll :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Ah, what did you end up doing last night? I vague remember something you said about popping to a restaurant...:hmmmm2:
    Yes, you can help by continuing the creepy - I mean cool messages. :innocent:
    Sweet..you're lucky you've got no stress for today :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Is this about Michael Jackson?

He dyed himself white... End of.

(yes I said dyed on purpose, double meaning)

Anyhow, he's dead. Leave him be like he said, doesn't matter if you're black or white... Although that's probably because he was both

ReputationRep:
    :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    For the sake of it, could you provide a few examples of him showing his fondness of being black?
    1. Morphing into a black panther in one of his videos, a symbol of black pride.
    2. The lyics "If Martin Luther was livin', he wouldn't let this be"
    3. Donating $25 Million to the United Negro College Fund.
    4. Portraying black people as kings and queens in the Remember The Time video
    5. Often surrounded himself with civil rights activists like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
    6. Singing the line "The white man's gotta make a change" at the 1988 Grammies
    7. The african musical influences in the songs "Wanna Be Startin Somethin" and "Liberian Girl"
    8. The racist the graffitti that he smashes in the Black Or White video after signing against the KKK
    9. His HIStory album is full of anti white establishment lyrics. "In the black, Stab me in the back, In the face, To lie and shame the race". "Tell me what has become of my rights, Am I invisible because you ignore me?, Your proclamation promised me free liberty"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.