Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Describe The Person Above You Generation IX Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    Ahhhhh loooooooool I have a feeling tonight is when the time is right :yep:
    If it doesn't happen tonight, I shall have to break the news myself :pierre: And I think she would much rather hear the truth from you :yep:

(Original post by The Mad Dog)
    First driving lesson today this should be interesting. :erm:
    Good luck! Make sure your have a good instructor though as it isn't worth wasting your money on lessons with a useless instructor.

ReputationRep:
    First driving lesson today this should be interesting. :erm:
    I had my first driving lesson yesterday :gah: pretty fun, enjoy it.

(Original post by The Epicurean)
    If it doesn't happen tonight, I shall have to break the news myself :pierre: And I think she would much rather hear the truth from you :yep:

Good luck! Make sure your have a good instructor though as it isn't worth wasting your money on lessons with a useless instructor.
    Okay Z *gulp*

ReputationRep:
    ^lool, is not playing a game of poker and went all in with first pair of cards with four other people and win and make all four of them go bust

ReputationRep:
    ^:laugh: Nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo F)
    :lol: what have you been eating/drinking/smoking? :rofl:
    I asked myself the exact same question today :rofl: Teh fudge is going on with my life

ReputationRep:
    Morning everyone :hi:

ReputationRep:
    I had my first driving lesson yesterday :gah: pretty fun, enjoy it.
    [QUOTE=The Epicurean;41806379
    Good luck! Make sure your have a good instructor though as it isn't worth wasting your money on lessons with a useless instructor.[/QUOTE]

Yay scared turned into a bit thrilled when I got my hands on the steering wheel. Wasn't expecting to drive at all never mind spending most of the lesson turning corners and getting to 30mph (although I had spent an hour a 5-15mph first).

Also does anyone know what the exact law is around driving someone elses car on a provisional for practice with them in the car? Basically do I need insured?

ReputationRep:
    Yay scared turned into a bit thrilled when I got my hands on the steering wheel. Wasn't expecting to drive at all never mind spending most of the lesson turning corners and getting to 30mph (although I had spent an hour a 5-15mph first).

Also does anyone know what the exact law is around driving someone elses car on a provisional for practice with them in the car? Basically do I need insured?
    Do you mean on roads or in a deserted car park? You need to be insured if it's on roads, for car parks I think it's the same, but I do know people who have driven without being insured in deserted car parks, just depends how you feel about it :dontknow:

But the person you are with, anytime before you've passed your test has to be a qualified driver for at least 3 years and pretty sure they have to be over 21

ReputationRep:

Sounds like you had a good lesson :yep: I remember at college this one girl was still driving in straight lines on her 7th lesson. It is best to get straight into it and turning corners and whatnot :five: My favourite lesson personally was driving down 60mph winding country roads

Edit, I'm probably wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I was filling my form for my provisional licence today... I can't wait till I can get to drive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse girl)
    I was filling my form for my provisional licence today... I can't wait till I can get to drive
    Then you will no longer have to carry my stuff for me and can instead transport my stuff for me by your car

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you had a good lesson :yep: I remember at college this one girl was still driving in straight lines on her 7th lesson. It is best to get straight into it and turning corners and whatnot :five: My favourite lesson personally was driving down 60mph winding country roads

Edit, I'm probably wrong.
    I'm interested to know your edit :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    When turning the car left or right, that can get a bit tricky with the clutch etc. kept forgetting to dip coz I was going so slowly :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Then you will no longer have to carry my stuff for me and can instead transport my stuff for me by your car
    Hey we never agreed on me carrying your stuff did we?
    Anyhow that would be okay but I want a lot of sweeties in return.

ReputationRep:
    See you guys at the beginning of April :train:

ReputationRep:
    ^has quit the interwebz for 3 to 4 weeks >_<

ReputationRep:
    See you guys at the beginning of April :train:
    Has gone on holiday????

ReputationRep:
    ^ didn't do a piece of art that they actually like...a part of it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    ^pics or GTFO :hand:

(Original post by Converse girl)
    Has gone on holiday????
    He said he was banning himself for private reasons :sadnod: But alas, he will be back in April :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see well see you on April then :wavey:

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    ^ didn't do a piece of art that they actually like...a part of it anyway.
    Yeah I wanna see :excited:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.