Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Describe The Person Above You Generation IX Watch

ReputationRep:
    ^Morning. This is the first morning in a while I have actually felt completely shattered :yawn:

(Original post by ranbow99)
    No reason :ninja:
    I'm really suspicious now :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    ^I had a badminton match yesterday, won 5 of my first 6 games but I effectively lost my last 3 cause my partner got injured so forfeited the games :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    ^ Morning :dance:

ReputationRep:
    ^is dancing :hmmm:
    Do you like dancing Ranbow?

ReputationRep:
    ^ Yeah :ahee:

Do you? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    ^I guess but generally it aint happening unless I've had a few :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    ^I'm fine with dancing sober, but i'm really self conscious singing sober and only when I sing when i've had a few drinks :lol:

ReputationRep:
    ^Well I think a guy would get more self conscious singing than a girl tbh haha
    Also I'd probably be OK dancing if I was with my friends but last time I went out I was on my own so... :/
    Fortunately I found some other friends in the club I was in so all good

ReputationRep:
    I hate airports so much. I think I'm about to have a nervous breakdown before my flight...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Out of the dump I call Cardiff and to Australia, Singapore and Seoul
    Wow your lucky have fun

(Original post by Malevolent)
    I hate airports so much. I think I'm about to have a nervous breakdown before my flight...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Deep breaths in an out you will be fine super goat will safe you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ^ Likes her goats :sexface:

Converse, you must have seen the goat videos? Did they amuse you?

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: yeah

The singing ones yeah I loved them . Do you know how many people send me links I think I have watched them all :lol:

ReputationRep:
    right morning everyone

the threads life has been sucked away from it

that sounds weird when saying it out loud :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    ^is also up early ^_^

I went bed soooo early yesterday >_<

ReputationRep:
    ^hey Epi
    I went to bed later than usual cause I was reading my book :yep:

ReputationRep:
    ^ is a book worm :worm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Is the global economy in the ****s? I would say yes and no. But the ups and downs are simply a component within capitalism. Even Capitalism's greatest supporters understand that booms and busts happen. Keynes believed that recessions happened and were a fact in capitalism, but governments could lessen their effects by simply creating stimulus plans and increasing government expenditure. Economists like Hayek believed that we should opt for austerity and let all the inefficent firms fail. He believed that by bailing out these failing businesses and spending money we are trying to cover up the problem and are not doing anything to solve it and it will only result in another worse recession. Anyway, TL;DR, the economy is in the ****s but it is part of capitalism and will always happen.
    Keynes theories has worked in the past but I do believe the government should not have opted for his methods, or at least have a god damn plan "B"...Austerity sure as hell is not working, America is in **** loads of debt because it borrowed far to much to recover the economy, same goes for the UK but perhaps on a lesser scale. Whilst I do agree with Hayek's point, I don't think letting the inefficient firms fail would not be any good either, it would lead to a huge downfall, with high rates of non-employed, and if the people gots no moneys, how is the economy ever going to recover...

One day will the world trade with one currency?
    I doubt. Plus conspiracy theorist nuts will be claiming it is part of the NWO. Would their be one government, or would all governments still exist? If, their were still different governments, there wouldn't be a level playing field, with different governments taxing different amounts, setting minimum wage at different levels and trade barriers and whatnot. If there was one government, it would be like the Soviet Union but worse >_<
    That already exist in the sense of the EU, France for example has a minimum wage of €9.43 whereas Germany in principle does not have a set minimum wage and Spain apparently has it at €4.26 ... I do know it would cause an unfair playing field, initially. But say for example - I know this is far fetched, and sure as hell would never happen - Every nation, had more or less the same economy, yes some would be larger than others, but every nation had something that meant they did not struggle and taxation was although imposed by each nation at different rates, only differed by one or two percentages. Could it not worked then?

do you think there would be no borders and everyone would be free to travel from one to another without the need of a visa and whatnot?
    Developed countries would get flooded with immigrants and we would see cities like London and New York turning into cities like Mumbai and Rio de Janeiro where there are massive slums full of migrating people looking for a better life. What results is poverty, disease and over
    Not necessarily, if indeed a level playing field did exist, then yes the bigger cities would a population in search of a better life but what is to say the little cities couldn't be developed, that to me would make more sense, it would provide jobs and attract businesses, just as Rio is attracting wallets of businesses from every sect of the planet. And with a single currency, it doesn't stop someone in a little African village with millions to start constructing skyscrapers because of currency disadvantage when outsourcing the labour...

After all, the Earth in it's natural form has no country...
    But many people have an attachment to their home land, their culture, their language etc... Earth in its natural form is not owned by people, yet a few landowners and big coporations own large swafts or land. I guess you could call them the bourgeoisie and they would not take kindly to your ideas.
    I do know that many people have an attachment to their land etc, I sure as hell do envision going back to France and retire there :moon: As far as I'm concerned, the businesses can purchase a dildo and do what must be done with it.

Your views are somewhat utopian personally. I think we need to work on reducing the inequality between nations before any such plan as your could be embarked upon.
    Utopian as they come really, we do indeed, but I don't think it'll ever be possible to reduce the inequality if such aspirations are not seen as a final goal. At the moment all seems to be temporary, new governments, same old ****.
    Out of interest, which political ideology would you say you most agree with?
    To tell you the truth, I don't know, I do not associate myself with any political party, I don't even care for party manifestos, my idea is, listen to what they all have to say when running for office and by my best judgement chose whomever I think would do a good job for not just me but for everyone. I do lean to the left on most issues and to the right on a few.

TL;DR, the more I read what I have just written, the more I feel like a lost cause... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    ^ Posted the longest thread i've seen on this page!! :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranbow99)
    ^ Posted the longest thread i've seen on this page!! :shock:
    That's not a thread, it's a post. :pierre:

How many glasses have you had today? :sly: Anyhow, ciao for now. Dinner is calling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Keynes theories has worked in the past but I do believe the government should not have opted for his methods, or at least have a god damn plan "B"...Austerity sure as hell is not working, America is in **** loads of debt because it borrowed far to much to recover the economy, same goes for the UK but perhaps on a lesser scale. Whilst I do agree with Hayek's point, I don't think letting the inefficient firms fail would not be any good either, it would lead to a huge downfall, with high rates of non-employed, and if the people gots no moneys, how is the economy ever going to recover...
    Long post in spoiler if you want to read :mmm: Sorry I am not very good at writing terse replies and so I must apologise that all my replies are so verbose >_<

Spoiler:
    Show
    Once in a recession, I don't think there is a plan B. I think Kenyes theory probably works best. I personally do agree with the idea of letting inefficient businesses fail, but I dislike it because of the mass unemployment it will cause so I agree with you on Hayek :yep:

I personally think on one of the problems is with how accounting works. Small and medium sized business owners and unlimited liability and so any debts or failure of the business will directly effect them. This therefore prevents these managers from taking risky behaviour and therefore will take actions to help keep the business afloat which happens to be in the interest of the employees. Managers of PLC's only have limited liability and so whatever investment they have in shares is all they will lose. So they are more likely to behave in a reckless manner and not care for their employees. I think if managers had unlimited liability, it would urge them to be more cautious and would have a huge effect on how the biggests firms and banks were run. Although you may disagree? :holmes:

(Original post by ipoop)
    That already exist in the sense of the EU, France for example has a minimum wage of €9.43 whereas Germany in principle does not have a set minimum wage and Spain apparently has it at €4.26 ... I do know it would cause an unfair playing field, initially. But say for example - I know this is far fetched, and sure as hell would never happen - Every nation, had more or less the same economy, yes some would be larger than others, but every nation had something that meant they did not struggle and taxation was although imposed by each nation at different rates, only differed by one or two percentages. Could it not worked then
    This is an incredibly utopian idea. Every economy to be more less the same? If every economy was like the USA, we would soon destroy the whole planet, run out of resourses and be short of food/water etc... Certain economies are far more devloped than others. Countries like Somalia are lightyears behind those of Japan or Singapore. I think these Utopian ideas need to be put aside and we should focus on the here and now. In many developing countries, we need to help encourage contraception, introduce family planning clinics and educate women; all three of these will help to reduce population growth which is only a start. Clean water, clean renewable electricy, open and democratic elections etc... are still lacking in a lot of countries.

(Original post by ipoop)
    Not necessarily, if indeed a level playing field did exist, then yes the bigger cities would a population in search of a better life but what is to say the little cities couldn't be developed, that to me would make more sense, it would provide jobs and attract businesses, just as Rio is attracting wallets of businesses from every sect of the planet. And with a single currency, it doesn't stop someone in a little African village with millions to start constructing skyscrapers because of currency disadvantage when outsourcing the labour...
    Level playing field is far off. Most countries don't want drop their trade barriers. If trade barriers were dropped, a lot of employment would be lost in the west.

(Original post by ipoop)
    I do know that many people have an attachment to their land etc, I sure as hell do envision going back to France and retire there :moon: As far as I'm concerned, the businesses can purchase a dildo and do what must be done with it.

Utopian as they come really, we do indeed, but I don't think it'll ever be possible to reduce the inequality if such aspirations are not seen as a final goal. At the moment all seems to be temporary, new governments, same old ****.
    Utopian dreams never turn out as you may think. And not everyone will agree with you utopian ideals. What you may call a utopia, another will call a dystopia. Humans will always find something to differentiate themselves and group themselves. Whether it is developed against undeveloped, Christian against Muslim, East agains West, one language against another language etc... You wont be able to unite all humans under one banner...unless maybe if we got attacked by aliens :mmm:

(Original post by ipoop)
    To tell you the truth, I don't know, I do not associate myself with any political party, I don't even care for party manifestos, my idea is, listen to what they all have to say when running for office and by my best judgement chose whomever I think would do a good job for not just me but for everyone. I do lean to the left on most issues and to the right on a few.

TL;DR, the more I read what I have just written, the more I feel like a lost cause... :holmes:
    There are more political ideologies outside of the political dichotomy of Labour/Conservative :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.