Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Smiled on by a random girl in public Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
    Personally, I think I would mind. Mainly due to me being a little too cautious, and also becuase I prefer my bus journeys to be quite and peaceful, rather than making small talk with a stranger.
    I agree, smiling is fine but I also do tend to be cautious of strangers talking out of the blue. But if you've seem her a couple of times and acknowledged each other, I guess it's fine but it depends on her

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itank28)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR0WXSmT-j4
    Lol nah just go up to them
    I'd love to see an unattractive guy get away with acting like that.

Oh, and I'd also like to see him do that in England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    I'd love to see an unattractive guy get away with acting like that.

Oh, and I'd also like to see him do that in England.
    That's true

ReputationRep:
    sometimes on the bus i have to bite my tongue from wanting to jump into others conversations, but the only people that have ever approached me on the bus have been proper creepy guy, they pin you in, there normally drunk (at any time of day) and just ooze creep

i have however talked to a few people in bus line before getting on where ts not so awkward because you dont feel pinned in or trapped and obliged (which can be quite scary)

oh and p.s dont EVER get of a bus at her stop and randomly follow her to her house, believe it or not thats happened to me before, guy was creaply staring at me, then got into an argument with who i assume was his girlfriend about staring at me, he then got of at my stop and i was very aware of it but he went in the local shop so i though he probably just lived in the area, i got to my door was just unlocking it when he showed up behind me barged into my house with a crate of beer (that he must of just bought) pushed me onto the sofa and tried to kiss me... luckly i had my best friends number on speed dial and pocket phoned her, she phoned back and he ran off yelling i was a ***** and a **** teese because apparently id smiled at him :confused:... seriously one of the creepiest moments of my life (he looked like a jeremy kyle reject)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Girls smile at me all the time, I don't think it means anything
    Ah, but do they smile on you?

(Original post by iheartdjokovic)
      Ah, but do they smile on you?
      Yeah, all over me

feels good man

ReputationRep:
      She probably smiled at you because you were being creepy looking at her and now she sees you like she sees a young child or a retarded person.

ReputationRep:
      this thread is interesting it show the difference between interpretation by different sexes

i agree with the girls, i smile at everyone, its a nervous thing when im a bit scared (usually by making eye contact in an awkward situation or with a stranger) it is by no means a come on, in fact if i liked a guy i probably wouldn't sit a randomly smile at him (thats a very boyish thing to do) id just be more forward and talk to them in a way that dosn't make them feel trapped, if they like you they talk back if they dont you'll be able to tell there awkward and leave them alone

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by I have a ****)
      I have a D
      Banned already. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      Why do some guys think we like them just because we give a polite smile if they look at us?

what are we supposed to do if someone makes eye contact? Glare? No a smile is just polite. I smile at whoever i happen to make eye contact with whether it be an old lady, teenage boy or a mother with 2 kids. Its sheer politeness, it does not mean i want guys coming up and bothering me because they think im interested.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by I have a ****)
      I have a D
      That is a beautiful amount of warning points for two posts.
      Bravo I had a D, bravo.

So you were smiled at? nothing new, women smile a lot, I will say this, it gives an ego boost if they are attractive

If she smiled and winked then it would be a different story but as she only smiled, it means little.

ReputationRep:
        I randomly smile in public or burst out laughing when I remember something funny. It gets really awkward when you're trying to hide it though. It's funny though because other people catch on and try not to smile/laugh too.

She was probably just being polite though because you both had eye contact , but we weren't there so will never know.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by itank28)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR0WXSmT-j4
        Lol nah just go up to them
        f it my life is changing tomorow cause of this guy

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by J.Dodge)
        f it my life is changing tomorrow cause of this guy
        Be sure to report back to when you fail terribly

Just kidding , im a pessimist thats all . Things are quite different in Britain though.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Dagnabbit)
        Are you sure it definitely was you and not the person behind you or next to you etc.?
        Why would you say something like that. That just show an unsecure mind set. I was the only one to get off

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Harold 50a)
        Hi people
        I am very curious about something. I occasionally approach to girl who i find really attractive but today in the bus I didn't have the courage, because it was kind of packed and i didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Also in the bus is a lot of potential for awkward silence hehe

So when i get of the bus and was about to go down the stairs, I looked up and she smiled at me. I actually regretted it that i didnt went in to talk to her.

My question for the ladies on here is, would you mind if a stranger approaches you in the bus and starts a casual conversation to get to know you ? If yes how could i go about it with out coming of as creep or scare you off and make you comfortable with it ?
        Number 1, maybe she was being friendly
        Number 2, maybe she had a confident personality
        Number 3, she did not mean that she wanted you in her pants

Girls smile, guys smile.. Well rarely.. But girls smiling is not an invitation for sex.. Just to make that clear to some deluded fools who think a girl loves them but she was just being friendly!

Leave her be.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Harold 50a)
        Hi people
        I am very curious about something. I occasionally approach to girl who i find really attractive but today in the bus I didn't have the courage, because it was kind of packed and i didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Also in the bus is a lot of potential for awkward silence hehe

So when i get of the bus and was about to go down the stairs, I looked up and she smiled at me. I actually regretted it that i didnt went in to talk to her.

My question for the ladies on here is, would you mind if a stranger approaches you in the bus and starts a casual conversation to get to know you ? If yes how could i go about it with out coming of as creep or scare you off and make you comfortable with it ?
        During the summer there was a guy who sat next to me on the bus. I was covered head to toe in paint and as I reached for the bell he smiled and made some cute comment about how covered I was and we had a mini chat while I got my stuff together to get off. When I went down the stairs he was looking at me so I smiled and he smiled back... gahhhhh, I wish he'd asked me/ I'd given him my number or something!

Moral of the story; I wouldn't find it creepy at all. Unless you were weirdly older than me.

I keep an eye out for him still

ReputationRep:
        Girls always smile at me but I don't smile back because it would feel awkward and pervy, so I walk on like they are 6 out of 10 at best.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by rattusratus)
        sometimes on the bus i have to bite my tongue from wanting to jump into others conversations, but the only people that have ever approached me on the bus have been proper creepy guy, they pin you in, there normally drunk (at any time of day) and just ooze creep

i have however talked to a few people in bus line before getting on where ts not so awkward because you dont feel pinned in or trapped and obliged (which can be quite scary)

oh and p.s dont EVER get of a bus at her stop and randomly follow her to her house, believe it or not thats happened to me before, guy was creaply staring at me, then got into an argument with who i assume was his girlfriend about staring at me, he then got of at my stop and i was very aware of it but he went in the local shop so i though he probably just lived in the area, i got to my door was just unlocking it when he showed up behind me barged into my house with a crate of beer (that he must of just bought) pushed me onto the sofa and tried to kiss me... luckly i had my best friends number on speed dial and pocket phoned her, she phoned back and he ran off yelling i was a ***** and a **** teese because apparently id smiled at him :confused:... seriously one of the creepiest moments of my life (he looked like a jeremy kyle reject)
        OMG some guys just haven't got a ****ing clue.. A stalker and a rapist. Jesus can guys please understand women are human.. Just like when men smile... Women smile too.

Stop being so desperate men.. No wonder there is all these rape cases!

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2013
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.