Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Smiled on by a random girl in public Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahchan)
    Yes i agree...

I mean dignity through rape or murder!
    I like how you only take the misandrist side to this. Plenty of women are equally capable of being absolutely despicable to the core: http://femalesexoffenders.com/fso/

For that matter, rape is rape. Like murder, it is the individual and not the wider sex who are responsible.

Back on topic: the point I believe which was attempted to be made is that men aren't sure how to approach women anymore. Once, approaching and building rapport was perhaps acceptable and in modern media it is still portrayed, but it is in fact perceived as predatory and deviant to approach a stranger you have attraction to. Not that I necessarily have a problem with that, I only approach a member of the opposite sex for a relationship if I am genuinely interested in them, and have got to know them through association until I at least know more about who they are and if I envisage them as compatible. Then again I'm not shallow and have genuinely far greater things to concern myself with in life than relationships.

Well done for blowing it out of the water and putting a feminazi spin on it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Praetoriani)
    I like how you only take the misandrist side to this. Plenty of women are equally capable of being absolutely despicable to the core: http://femalesexoffenders.com/fso/

For that matter, rape is rape. Like murder, it is the individual and not the wider sex who are responsible.

Back on topic: the point I believe which was attempted to be made is that men aren't sure how to approach women anymore. Once, approaching and building rapport was perhaps acceptable and in modern media it is still portrayed, but it is in fact perceived as predatory and deviant to approach a stranger you have attraction to. Not that I necessarily have a problem with that, I only approach a member of the opposite sex for a relationship if I am genuinely interested in them, and have got to know them through association until I at least know more about who they are and if I envisage them as compatible. Then again I'm not shallow and have genuinely far greater things to concern myself with in life than relationships.

Well done for blowing it out of the water and putting a feminazi spin on it though.
    Yep to be honest the way things are going I'd have to get a vasectomy and a prenub before going after marriage in this country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jreid1994)
    Yep to be honest the way things are going I'd have to get a vasectomy and a prenub before going after marriage in this country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No need. Your libido will get slowly killed off if you ever take the vow anyway through working excessive hours so she can keep in shoes, hair, health spa's (with that new lad offering her personal sessions) and petrol.
    On top of that, you'll also need to remortgage the house these days if a mini-me or two is on the way. Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Praetoriani)
    No need. Your libido will get slowly killed off if you ever take the vow anyway through working excessive hours so she can keep in shoes, hair, health spa's (with that new lad offering her personal sessions) and petrol.
    On top of that, you'll also need to remortgage the house these days if a mini-me or two is on the way. Enjoy.
    Yay but I don't want the legal and social system of this country to rape me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    random guy started talking to me on the tube about my attire and we had a mini conversation about music and our evenings, he was v nice and it was like i was in a tube where these were friendly human beings and he seemed v interesting like someone id want to know, doesn't matter i didn't get any contact info it was just nice talking to someone new, real life omegle until your stop.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think smiling is really much more than politeness majority of the time.
    On another note how is Kumar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I have a ****)
    I have a D
    How can you get 1010 warning points from 2 posts?

ReputationRep:
    She wants the D :ROFL:

Sent from my Nexus 4

ReputationRep:
    OMG some guys just haven't got a ****ing clue.. A stalker and a rapist. Jesus can guys please understand women are human.. Just like when men smile... Women smile too.

Stop being so desperate men.. No wonder there is all these rape cases!
    This is the part where you stop being a sexist *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dagnabbit)
    Are you sure it definitely was you and not the person behind you or next to you etc.?
    Do you know Haley quinn

ReputationRep:
    True Story?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind, as long as it was just really casually, not creepy-like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harold 50a)
    Do you know Haley quinn
    Is that the girl's name?

ReputationRep:
    Is that the girl's name?
    Hahahaha ROFL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jreid1994)
    Hahahaha ROFL

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is that so hilarious..

if he was talking about HARLEY QUINN.. then he didn't put an R and there was no logical move to batman.. so haley quinn could be anyone's name..

ReputationRep:
    Why is that so hilarious..

if he was talking about HARLEY QUINN.. then he didn't put an R and there was no logical move to batman.. so haley quinn could be anyone's name..
    He probably misplaced a letter Haley Ha(R)ley how many people do you actually know called Haley Quinn? C'mon Then there is the fact that Haley is a surname. By the way I'm not being mean I'm just saying your being a silly Suzie

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I found him attractive or an interesting and nice person then I wouldn't mind.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the problem tbh. You get like older people making conversation at bus stops and stuff, and I don't mind. If someone caught my eye, who I thought was attractive and they started talking to me I'd be really happy. I know I would screw it up because I'm bad with conversation :P but it would still be nice. I've had some complete nutters talk to me before and I'm not massively keen, but what can you do.

ReputationRep:
    I only smile at guys who I find attractive (not the arrogant looking guys though)
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    This is true.

If you catch someone's eye, it seems rude not to smile.
    I find myself doing this excessive grin if someone is doing the same activity as me. There's a greeting to fellow joggers that's a demented grin accompanied with a wave.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.