Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good A -Levels for both History and Media/Film related degrees Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am considering choosing these A - Levels and i want to go into either media/film or history and do a degree in either subject.

A2:
    History
    Media
    Photography?
    Engish Lang?

AS:
    Biology?
    Applied Science?
    Classics?

Reply or post back if I need to improve or change my choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacey368)
    I am considering choosing these A - Levels and i want to go into either media/film or history and do a degree in either subject.

A2:
    History
    Media
    Photography?
    Engish Lang?

AS:
    Biology?
    Applied Science?
    Classics?

Based on your GCSE grades, what you enjoy and what you need to do, you pick 3/4 subjects at AS level eg History/Classics/English/Biology which you study for a year, you then (usually) drop one subject for which you receive an AS certificate in. You study your continued subjects for a second year "A2", which leaves you with A Level grades in those subjects. For each full A Level subject, AS (year one) is roughly equivalent to 50% of an A Level, and A2 the other 50% of your grade. You can't simply start a subject at A2 when you've not studied it at AS- it works the other way around- you drop a subject you have studied at AS. You probs need to do some research along these lines or speak to your careers adviser.

Classics, History, English Lang and Biology is a good combination if you like writing essays and the science will keep your options opened if you unsure about what you want to do after A Levels. It is a very long time from GCSEs to picking your degree.

History and Classics compliment each other and are well respected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacey368)

A2:
    History
    Media
    Photography?
    Engish Lang?

AS:
    Biology?
    Applied Science?
    Classics?

Do you understand how A-levels work?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.