Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who's the best pundit on TV at the moment? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Of those we see on TV today, who would you say is the best?

Although I'm an Arsenal fan, I have to say it's Gary Neville - every time I've watched him, he talks sense. I'm actually quite looking forward to his half-time team talk on Sky Sports.

I think the worst, or one of the worst, is Robbie Savage. He seems to change his opinion every week and his tactical talk isn't anything we don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Gary Neville
    Roy Keane
    Guillem Balague

ReputationRep:
    Neville's the best because he analyses and gives insight into what we are seeing.

The rest, including the worst of them like Savage, Shearer and to an extent Keane, are just opinionators. Just giving an opinion on something, and dishing out cookie cutter answers all the time, not adding anything to the viewing experience. Something that me and you could do quite easily. Even when they review incidents, they just tell us whats happening.

ReputationRep:
    Gary Neville

ReputationRep:
    Bruce Forsyth.

ReputationRep:
    Was the best thing to happen to Sky Sports the Andy Gray incident? As good as he was, it allowed Gary Neville a big role.

ReputationRep:
    Chris Kamara http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpHUwoPnyn0

ReputationRep:
    anyone who doesn't says **** like, ''goals change games''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Neville's the best because he analyses and gives insight into what we are seeing.

The rest, including the worst of them like Savage, Shearer and to an extent Keane, are just opinionators. Just giving an opinion on something, and dishing out cookie cutter answers all the time, not adding anything to the viewing experience. Something that me and you could do quite easily. Even when they review incidents, they just tell us whats happening.
    Pretty much what I wanted to say.

In fact it's a sad state of affairs when there is only one person, Gary Neville, currently operating on sky sports/bbc who can give some, at least, basic insight into a football game.

ReputationRep:
    Gary Neville

I like Hansen as well though.

ReputationRep:
    gary neville and jamie redknapp talk sense on sky sports. i actually enjoy listening to savage on 606, but because of entertainment more than quality football analysis. he changes his mind far too much

for me the majority on ITV are pretty bad (roy keane looks like he doesnt want to be there)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluester)
    gary neville and jamie redknapp talk sense on sky sports. i actually enjoy listening to savage on 606, but because of entertainment more than quality football analysis. he changes his mind far too much

for me the majority on ITV are pretty bad (roy keane looks like he doesnt want to be there)
    Haha, Keane took that grumpy look from the pitch to the studio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    anyone who doesn't says **** like, ''goals change games''
    Or another one I've heard is "goals win games". It's the equivalent to a classic cricket commentary line: "catches win matches".

ReputationRep:
    As a football pundit, he's not all that. For the laugh, though, certainly.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the names mentioned, Southgate and Dixon ain't too bad. I wonder if Carlton Palmer is still about..

ReputationRep:
    Neville is excellent. Souness is good as well for me and doesn't give boring answers. I like the looks of disgust he gives Redknapp when he's talking ****e.

ReputationRep:
    Pat Nevin has the vocabulary of a thesaurus.

ReputationRep:
    Nevilles the best of an abysmal bunch

ReputationRep:
    Neville easily the best around at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Neville by a country mile - he seems to be the only one that actually does any research for the gig. Dixon was good on MOTD as well though.

Shearer, Keane, and Niall Quinn are abysmal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.