Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Chemistry AS Unit 2- 16th January 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you get in the first sitting for the Unit 2 test?
    F
    4.08%
    E
    10.20%
    D
    18.37%
    C
    18.37%
    B
    28.57%
    A
    20.41%

ReputationRep:
    This thread is for general discussion about the Unit 2 Chemistry Edexcel exam (resit) in January 2013.
    How's everybody else getting on with their revising for this...?

ReputationRep:
    :tumble:

ReputationRep:
    awful .. im lookin foe questions to solve on each chapter ? .. got any

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Tennant)
    :tumble:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8kf3c13c0tz39c8

Here is a revision pack for everyone. If mark schemes are missing just tell me

ReputationRep:
    Why is this thread so dry!? Only 4 people taking the exam lol?

Let's start asking/posting questions, discussions are a good way of revising!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BorisP)
    Why is this thread so dry!? Only 4 people taking the exam lol?

Let's start asking/posting questions, discussions are a good way of revising!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Finally somebody to revise with!

ReputationRep:
    Il start. Explain the whole process of extracting Titanium (IV) oxide and why it's done that way. Include equations and conditions. (7)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BorisP)
    Il start. Explain the whole process of extracting Titanium (IV) oxide and why it's done that way. Include equations and conditions. (7)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is unit 2? Don't remember this :eek:

ReputationRep:
    This is unit 2? Don't remember this :eek:
    Neither! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weaselmoose)
    Neither! :/
    Hey, do you know why the unit 4 thread has closed. And are we allowed to discuss the exam yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, do you know why the unit 4 thread has closed. And are we allowed to discuss the exam yet?
    It's to stop us discussing it. Edexcel ones are only allowed to be discussed after 4.30am (!) the next day for pm exams and midnight for an ones because they're international? There's an announcement (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/anno...hp?f=371&a=629)
    Kind of sucks but hey!

ReputationRep:
    It's to stop us discussing it. Edexcel ones are only allowed to be discussed after 4.30am (!) the next day for pm exams and midnight for an ones because they're international? There's an announcement (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/anno...hp?f=371&a=629)
    Kind of sucks but hey!
    Wow, I didn't realize it was that extensive, we need to get a few more people onto this forum and then we can have a unit 2 discussion/revision...

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I didn't realize it was that extensive, we need to get a few more people onto this forum and then we can have a unit 2 discussion/revision...
    Haha yes, it's looking quite empty at the moment... Currently contemplating whether to watch another episode of csi or start revising chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes, it's looking quite empty at the moment... Currently contemplating whether to watch another episode of csi or start revising chemistry
    Aha, for me it's a Game of thrones episode or revision...

ReputationRep:
    Aha, for me it's a Game of thrones episode or revision...
    Never seen game of thrones is it good? Recently rediscovered my love for csi and at the moment I'm leaning towards it heavily haha. It's not looking good for chem lol

ReputationRep:
    Never seen game of thrones is it good? Recently rediscovered my love for csi and at the moment I'm leaning towards it heavily haha. It's not looking good for chem lol
    For me it's the opposite, yeah Game of thrones is brilliant, I guess it doesn't have such a UK presence because it's only on sky atlantic...Chemistry, gosh I really want to talk about the exam

ReputationRep:
    For me it's the opposite, yeah Game of thrones is brilliant, I guess it doesn't have such a UK presence because it's only on sky atlantic...Chemistry, gosh I really want to talk about the exam
    Maybe I'll check it out after exams! Me too it's so agghhh! Ha do you think anyone will post at 430 ?
    Do you want to do questions?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'll check it out after exams! Haha ok do you want to do some questions?
    Yeah I'll start ...
    It's good there's quite a lot of overlap here with unit 4 chem...

Here we go...

Get ready...

Fill in the ...'s
    The reactions of the various halogens with sulfuric acid produce different outcomes. The reactions are different because as you go down group 7 the halogens become more...
    The reaction with Chlorine produces...
    The reaction with Bromine produces...but then...happens and you get...
    The reaction with Iodine produces...but then...happens and you get...and then...happens again and you finally end up with...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'll start ...
    It's good there's quite a lot of overlap here with unit 4 chem...

Here we go...

Get ready...

Fill in the ...'s
    The reactions of the various halogens with sulfuric acid produce different outcomes. The reactions are different because as you go down group 7 the halogens become more...
    The reaction with Chlorine produces...
    The reaction with Bromine produces...but then...happens and you get...
    The reaction with Iodine produces...but then...happens and you get...and then...happens again and you finally end up with...
    Actually on second thoughts I wouldn't be offended if you watched some CSI, lol

ReputationRep:
    The pack that is on mediafire is down as an .rar file. I cannot access it. Do you have a .pdf version of it.
    And I also have a question. Its from January 2012 Q8. I don't understand how to calculate the percentage error could someone please explain.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.