Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Chemistry AS Unit 2- 16th January 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you get in the first sitting for the Unit 2 test?
    F
    4.08%
    E
    10.20%
    D
    18.37%
    C
    18.37%
    B
    28.57%
    A
    20.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Tennant)
    This is unit 2? Don't remember this :eek:
    oh god.. I have just realised that this is the 'EDEXCEL' thread.

I shall get going and find the AQA thread. 😳

bye bye and good luck haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avipsita)
    The pack that is on mediafire is down as an .rar file. I cannot access it. Do you have a .pdf version of it.
    And I also have a question. Its from January 2012 Q8. I don't understand how to calculate the percentage error could someone please explain.
    Do you need help with downloading and using Rar files? You see its a mismatch of many different PDF files and so it would be difficult for me to post each one at a time.
    You can calculate percentage error by the following calculation,..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BorisP)

I shall get going and find the AQA thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BorisP)

I shall get going and find the AQA thread. ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hah gave me the fright of my life!

ReputationRep:
    Actually on second thoughts I wouldn't be offended if you watched some CSI, lol
    ha i'm going to try multitasking... i'm supposed to be a girl but i'm not sure how it's going to turn out lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weaselmoose)
    ha i'm going to try multitasking... i'm supposed to be a girl but i'm not sure how it's going to turn out lol
    Try doing the washing up, revising, eating dinner, watching tv, browsing youtube and chatting to my mum at the same time...

ReputationRep:
    The pack that is on mediafire is down as an .rar file. I cannot access it. Do you have a .pdf version of it.
    And I also have a question. Its from January 2012 Q8. I don't understand how to calculate the percentage error could someone please explain.
    HELP !!! Anyone???????????????

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'll start ...
    It's good there's quite a lot of overlap here with unit 4 chem...

Here we go...

Get ready...

Fill in the ...'s
    The reactions of the various halogens with sulfuric acid produce different outcomes. The reactions are different because as you go down group 7 the halogens become more ? they're better reducing agents?
    The reaction with Chlorine produces HCl and KHSO4
    The reaction with Bromine produces HBr and KHSO4 but then HBr is further oxidised and you get Br2 and SO2
    The reaction with Iodine produces HI and KHSO4 but then HI is further oxidised and you get I2 and then H2SO4 is further oxidised to H2S
    they are most definitely not what you meant, they don't fit your words at all but I hope i'm on the right lines...

ReputationRep:
    The calculation is uncertainty in calculation/the actual measurement you take multiplied by 100... I think the answer is 0.48% because it is the uncertainty multiplied by two and then divided by the measurement so 0.06x2/25...

ReputationRep:
    Try doing the washing up, revising, eating dinner, watching tv, browsing youtube and chatting to my mum at the same time...
    that is pretty skilled! probably definitely more than what i manage to do

ReputationRep:
    Do you need help with downloading and using Rar files? You see its a mismatch of many different PDF files and so it would be difficult for me to post each one at a time.
    You can calculate percentage error by the following calculation,..
    I have downloaded the file. I don't know how to use it. Whats the calculation?

ReputationRep:
    they are most definitely not what you meant, they don't fit your words at all but I hope i'm on the right lines...
    Absolutely perfect...

ReputationRep:
    I have downloaded the file. I don't know how to use it. Whats the calculation?
    Do you have winrar or another archiver programme? Like when you open up the file what kind of window does it show you?

ReputationRep:
    Right but the answer is C. Because I did the same thing but they say its C but how ?

ReputationRep:
    It shows it to me on notepad.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely perfect...
    score haha.

this is a hard one
    when 2-bromobutane reacts with hot ethanolic potassium hydroxide, three products form. what are these products ? (and hat is the type of mechanism)

ps http://tinychat.com/etcmo

ReputationRep:
    It shows it to me on notepad.
    Check this out, I assume you haven't downloaded Winrar yet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhnY61tQma0
    Sorry I can't help you directly...
    Once you've downloaded winrar click on the file you downloaded and click the extract button onto the desktop, then you can use the files...

ReputationRep:
    haha while you work on that here's another one:

what are the bond angles in PH3 and it's shape? and why?

ReputationRep:
    score haha.

this is a hard one
    when 2-bromobutane reacts with hot ethanolic potassium hydroxide, three products form. what are these products ? (and hat is the type of mechanism)

ps http://tinychat.com/etcmo
    I think the hat mechanism is an elimination reaction (electrophillic)?

Three products are...the alkene...water and ohhh is it..not sure

ReputationRep:
    It won't let me copy your quote for some reason.
    PH3 has one pair of electrons and 3 bonding pairs so it would be v shaped...no I mean um trigonal pyramidal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.