Turn on thread page Beta

Weight loss help? watch

ReputationRep:
    I weight 121lbs and I'm 5ft 2. I hate my belly. It's horrible. I'm going to try and diet down to around 103lbs as that's what I was when I left school and I felt most happy at. I've put on a bit of bulk at Christmas and once I start college again in January I'm just going to take salads for lunch. Is their any exercise that will help tone and make me loose weight?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smudge_moon)
    Is their any exercise that will help tone and make me loose weight?
    Any exercise that burns calories?

Read the sticky in the nutrition section for an example diet, and then increase the amount of exercise you do. Maybe a sport you enjoy, or something as simple as running, swimming, cycling etc. Weight loss is about burning more calories than you consume, but don't try and starve yourself, it doesn't work.

Good luck and enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Simply get moving! Any exercise that looks fun, just try it! Anything that burns calories will help, so mayb try something new like dancing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Simply get moving! Any exercise that looks fun, just try it! Anything that burns calories will help, so mayb try something new like dancing.
    I did dance from 4-16 but I recently dislocated my shoulder so I had to give up ballet I used to love it

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Photo on 30-12-2012 at 20.32 #2.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  212.0 KB
    Name:  Photo on 30-12-2012 at 20.31.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  211.5 KB

I've added photos so you guys can see where I'm coming from.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to deprive yourself of anything ( e.g having only salads for lunch ). Moderation is the key.
    To tone up/lose weight you'll have to get active and eat fewer calories. It's a proven method that works!!
    It might take a while to see results but you'll keep the weight off long-term.

ReputationRep:
    I did dance from 4-16 but I recently dislocated my shoulder so I had to give up ballet I used to love it
    Try to find something else you enjoy then.

Like I said, check the example diet on here, no need to eat like a rabbit.

ReputationRep:
    You have a very similar body to me . I'm simply concentrating on exercise more than anything else, and hoping that gets me the results I want!

ReputationRep:
    I just need to find a sport or exercise that I enjoy really

ReputationRep:
    I just need to find a sport or exercise that I enjoy really

Yeah that's half the battle!!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see where you're coming from, your BMI is in the 65th percentile range which puts you as a healthy weight. I would advice against losing weight as if you lose around 10 pounds you will begin to become underweight. You don't look fat and you should see me.
    My BMI is in the 100th percentile, I weigh 220 lbs, I may be 6 ft 1, but I'm obese .
    Just keep maintaining your weight as it is...

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Photo on 30-12-2012 at 20.32 #2.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  212.0 KB
    Name:  Photo on 30-12-2012 at 20.31.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  211.5 KB

I've added photos so you guys can see where I'm coming from.
    You have a great body! Just focus on eating healthy and if any weight needs to come off then it will (But it doesn't really seem like you have any to lose!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Tennant)
    I really don't see where you're coming from, your BMI is in the 65th percentile range which puts you as a healthy weight. I would advice against losing weight as if you lose around 10 pounds you will begin to become underweight. You don't look fat and you should see me.
    My BMI is in the 100th percentile, I weigh 220 lbs, I may be 6 ft 1, but I'm obese .
    Just keep maintaining your weight as it is...
    I'm not happy about it though, only thing I like about my weight is I've now got breasts :P ill be gutted if I loose them. I think I just need to loose some from my belly and tone it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegreenchildren)
    You have a great body! Just focus on eating healthy and if any weight needs to come off then it will (But it doesn't really seem like you have any to lose!)
    THE BELLY!!!! I hate it, It just sticks out (I know I'm being harsh on myself, but I'm not happy with it)

ReputationRep:
    I weight 121lbs and I'm 5ft 2. I hate my belly. It's horrible. I'm going to try and diet down to around 103lbs as that's what I was when I left school and I felt most happy at. I've put on a bit of bulk at Christmas and once I start college again in January I'm just going to take salads for lunch. Is their any exercise that will help tone and make me loose weight?
    Ok, that plan is terrible.

Not eating will just screw you over in the long run, and you can't tone unless you have muscle so...
    - Don't eat crap. No sugar, no snacks, no crisps, eat litte carbs (potato, pasta, rice, breat etc)
    - Lots of exercise. Get on that treadmill. Ride that bike. And lift some weights

If you do that properly up to summer, you would look great.

NB. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jami...t-trainer.html This is a very good program to follow and is far easier to do rather than working everything out for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Ok, that plan is terrible.

Not eating will just screw you over in the long run, and you can't tone unless you have muscle so...
    - Don't eat crap. No sugar, no snacks, no crisps, eat litte carbs (potato, pasta, rice, breat etc)
    - Lots of exercise. Get on that treadmill. Ride that bike. And lift some weights

If you do that properly up to summer, you would look great.
    I didn't say I'm not going to eat? I love food so much, I couldn't ever just not eat. I'm anaemic anyway. Thank you for the tips

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say I'm not going to eiat? I love food so much, I couldn't ever just not eat. I'm anaemic anyway. Thank you for the tips

I think you have something wrong with your eyes or have anorexia. You clearly do not have a belly. Nothing is wrong with your lower area being slightly out. You are not overweight or fat at all.

You must be mad. If I were you I would hit the gym, do some resistance training. None of this starving yourseimg bullcrap. You do not have a belly.

I was expected to see some overweight women,. You are skinny....

ReputationRep:
    THE BELLY!!!! I hate it, It just sticks out (I know I'm being harsh on myself, but I'm not happy with it)

In my opinion, theres nothing wrong with your weight or your belly. I think it's just your self esteem. By exercising and eating healthier, you might feel better about yourself in general. That will lead to greater confidence and less harsh feelings about your already thin body! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Intermittent fasting, no fancy diets, no fixed exercise program. Fast 6 hours a day and cut out sugar, it worked for me and everyone else I know. I also workout.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.