Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Weight loss help? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coastbeats)
    Intermittent fasting, no fancy diets, no fixed exercise program. Fast 6 hours a day and cut out sugar, it worked for me and everyone else I know. I also workout.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    16-18 hours*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Intermittent fasting, no fancy diets, no fixed exercise program. Fast 6 hours a day and cut out sugar, it worked for me and everyone else I know. I also workout.
    16-18 hours*

Worked to get your how far? Lose a few pounds or to get bulk and a six pack because that plan sounds retarded at best.

ReputationRep:
    OP... I think you should concentrate more on exercise than diet - you have a good body, and the only thing wrong with your "belly" is that YOU think it could do with toning up. Work on strengthening your core muscles, and it will make a massive improvement - this is what would have been strengthened when you were doing ballet. I know you've dislocated your shoulder, so perhaps not something like yoga where you do a lot of leaning haha

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people reading this thread including myself have seen the pictures and thought, I'm way fatter than that . I just need to get rid of a big belly myself, joining the gym with my girlfriend tonight and I know I eat way too much but hey that makes me happy . To tone your stomach is very simple, situps situps situps but salads are a terrible idea and you might want to try and take up running for just stamina reasons rather than losing weight

ReputationRep:
    Hi dear,

You can try green tea & start cardio(excercise ) at lest half hour every day.
    Eat green vegetables,corn etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Worked to get your how far? Lose a few pounds or to get bulk and a six pack because that plan sounds retarded at best.
    Ok, that's why I managed to lose 6 kgs in a month. Most of it will have been water and fat - I was regularly at the gym so my muscle loss will be negligible. It's perfect to lose fat - you have a 6-8 hour eating window and can drink water throughout the day.

Be ignorant and say it's retarded but I've done it and it's paying off.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, that's why I managed to lose 6 kgs in a month. Most of it will have been water and fat - I was regularly at the gym so my muscle loss will be negligible. It's perfect to lose fat - you have a 6-8 hour eating window and can drink water throughout the day.

Be ignorant and say it's retarded but I've done it and it's paying off.
    But how much did you weight to begin with? What was your body fat %, and what is it now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    But how much did you weight to begin with? What was your body fat %, and what is it now?
    I can't say what my BF% is but I can say that 30 days ago I weighed 82Kg and now I weigh 76.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say what my BF% is but I can say that 30 days ago I weighed 82Kg and now I weigh 76.
    You're not serious enough then to make all those claims about not losing muscle mass etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMikeEsq)
    Forget dieting. Look at your pictures, it's obvious you aren't really over eating, but you just don't exercise. Run or swim or something - any cardio will do and that's all you need

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, agree completely with this. You said earlier though you dislocated your shoulder so not sure how much this will effect swimming? But I think you just need to tone which you can do by running and situps. There are so many people out there like myself who need to lose a lot more weight than you do.

ReputationRep:
    You've got a beautiful body, I'd die to be that curvy.

for sure, never "diet" -> fast or do the abc diet.,If you fast, your body will think that you're not getting enough protein etc. leading to the addition of calories so when you start to take up your normal eating habits again, you'll gain more weight tthan you've lost.

What you should do:

1. Drink a lot of water (not over the recommended limit though, although I believe you're smart enough not to go to the extreme)

2. Excersize (but not to the point where respiration isn't possible, you need energy to burn it off, you do not want your body to work in a condition that it is not compatible with)

3.Go for daily jogs(perfectly normal for you to feel extremely tired in the first few minutes because your body is not used to being asked to produce oxygen sudden demand- fight the urge to stop even if you feel like your going to collapse because your body will eventually get used to the pain and will start to function normally and your body will get used to working twice as hard to pump the oxygen around you body. Be sure to bring a cool bottle of water or energy drink too - you will need to fuel your stamina)

4. Drink cold water once you get up (a sudden intake of cold water into the body will kick start your metabolism, giving you an early start to the day) another thing you could do after a warm shower, put a strong burst of cold water on yourself and then warm yourself up again. Remember shivering gives out heat and your body will try hard to make your body warm again -> sign of correct functioning.

Im sorry I wrote such a lengthy response, although I hope it helps you at least a tad bit during your weight loss regime.

And good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.