Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I sneak out for New year with my boyfriend? help please Watch

Im 20 years old so im hardly a child. I have very very controlling parents however Im not allowed on nights out much my parents always have to know where i am who im with i have to text my mum constantly and boyfriends are a nono. This is nothing to do with relgion or culture just my mum is a control freak and i geniunally think she has some sort of mental issue like bipolar. Its easy to say that im 20 I should just tell her what im doing but I cant when she gets angry its terrifying she becomes verbally and physically abusive and this will last for days. Imnot talking about just a slap im talking about being pinned into a corner punched, kicked being dragged along tghe corridor or up the stairs by my hair her digging her nails into my face and arms, this has all happend before she also does stuff like snaps my sim and cuts up my credit card hides my laptop and takes my car keys so basically im strandard and i cant contact a soul.

My boyfriend of a year (they dont know about him) has asked me to go out with him for NYE i have never ever gone out, so ive done a compramise but I was wondering if the people of TSR thing my plan is ok and if morally its alright what im doing or should I just stay in with my parents and bail on my boyfriend (i dont want to stay in) please dont tell me to just tell her because i cant i cant face the consquences of what will happen

The plan is :
    1) Go to london about 40 minutes on the train leave my car at his 10 minutes away from station
    2) Meet his friends go to a few bars (im not drinking ) and just i supposse have fun enjoy myself and not be sat at home crying myself to sleep like I do every new year
    3) Ive told my mum im out with the girls until 11pm at the local pub about 20 minutes away, so im expected to be in by quater past 11
    4) So plan is to spend 2 hours in London with the boyfriend leave him at 10pm catch the train at 10:10 pm get back to where we live for about 11:50 get the car by 11 and drive home for 11;15

Do you think this is ok or should I not risk it?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should be contacting someone about your mum, most importantly! She physically abuses you in a very violent way, that is unequivocally not acceptable. It isn't safe for you to be living with someone so unstable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    I think you should be contacting someone about your mum, most importantly! She physically abuses you in a very violent way, that is unequivocally not acceptable. It isn't safe for you to be living with someone so unstable.
    Agreed. OP you need to talk to someone about this.

(Original post by abc101)
    The thing is from the outset I have an amazing life to any outsiders youd think I was so lucky they give me evrything private school etc She cant help how she is im in my first year of uni and the plan is to never move back home once i graduate its just two more years i have to put up with it

ReputationRep:
    why not?

YOLO!
    • TSR Support Team

Seriously you need to speak to someone about your Mom because that is still physical assault, I mean you are 20 you shouldn't have to sneak around, i'd say **** your Mom and go out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.