Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I just did the brutal question paper below and I got only 47/80. I have corrected some of my errors, but not all. I do not understand how some of the mark scheme answers are formed and I do not actually understand them.

QP:
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...8gJZz4tLbBaBzw
    MS:
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...UwEbE4PzfT1wOA

The questions which I feel completely clueless:confused: on are 16aii, 4, 5 and 14. The questions are too hard for me and I need some explanations.

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I figured out question 5. The vertical component of R is the same but opposite to W so that W is cancelled out. But The horizontal component of R maes it accelerate down the surface. But I still need help on questions 6aii, 4 and 14 please, please, please.

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    well for q4 since R is perpendicular to the slope ( or inclined surface ) the component in that direction has to be zero... if you are not sure then work out Rcosθ when θ is 900

ReputationRep:
    I understand question 4

Here's my working out:
    cos90=Component/W
    cos90 X W=component

cos 90=0

hence component=0

ReputationRep:
    If you just tilt your head a bit, or the paper, it still makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    4 and 5 make sense now

Just 14 and 16aii are killing me

ReputationRep:
    For question 14 when the deceleration occurs, surely a resultant force acts to the left hand side to decelerate the train. Look at the direction of travel. So wouldn't A be pushed into their seat and both B and C be pushed to the left??? The MS says the opposite pretty much and I really want to understand how to tackle this killer question.

Thanks

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.