Turn on thread page Beta

Travel during summer - Gap360. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

This is a bit of a shout out for help, really. I will be finishing my 2nd year of uni in the summer and I want to travel a bit in the summer. For peace of mind and ease for my first adventure I was looking at travelling with a company (Gap360) on their 4 week project in south africa. I have money saved (money I worked really hard to save) and I've got about £3,000 though I don't want to spend it all (I'll need some to get me started next year!).

So really I just wondered, has anyone been with gap360 to south africa? Are they reliable? Am I right to put my trust in them?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    go with ICS its three months and its free spend your whole summer there

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm going on the South Africa Wild Adventure trip with Gap 360 in the summer. I've heard that they are good and they seem cheaper than other travel companies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren2795)
    Hey, I'm going on the South Africa Wild Adventure trip with Gap 360 in the summer. I've heard that they are good and they seem cheaper than other travel companies.
    Yeah, the thing is I want to work at home and travel during this summer, not go away for the whole time, so this seemed perfect! This was the trip I was hoping to do too! In july! Have you paid already, and can I ask, was everything straight forward? I'm dubious about sagepay...

ReputationRep:
    I haven't booked it yet, I just tried to but it wouldn't let me because I'm not 18 yet so I'm going to ring up tomorrow an hopefully it will work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SazzaBee1993)
    Yeah, the thing is I want to work at home and travel during this summer, not go away for the whole time, so this seemed perfect! This was the trip I was hoping to do too! In july! Have you paid already, and can I ask, was everything straight forward? I'm dubious about sagepay...
    I've just booked it and it was all really straight forward getting really excited now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren2795)
    I've just booked the 1st July trip. Quite straight forward & Gap360 seem helpful. Is taht the trip you are on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EMMCar)
    I've just booked the 1st July trip. Quite straight forward & Gap360 seem helpful. Is taht the trip you are on?
    Yeah that's the trip I'm going on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I'm South African was raised there in the west coast, Saldanha bay. Ok £3000 is more or less (Rand) R35 000 - R40 000, how long will you be staying in SA? And you know that's its winter during May - August. But it's nothing like the UK winter, still loads to do though. Cities are quite expensive, do go to Cape Town, table Mountain, do a wine tour in stellenbosch, visit some beaches, do a wild life tour, there are plenty affordable ones which you could still see the big5 - do not go for the first best one you see... It might not be the best. South Africa is a amazing country, you won't regret it at all. You will find that drinks are cheaper and food as well. But if you are traveling you should try and stay as cheap as possible. Make use of markets and do bribe (street markets only) :-) oh and don't dress like a foreigner lol be casual but aware... Even in the streets of London they pick pocket.. So yeah you must've heard that SA is dangerous "bullsh*t" it's only dangerous when you are careless. But you will love it there it has a rustic vibe.. I live SA especially the west coast. Peace and enjoy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffa-chick)
    Hey there, I'm South African was raised there in the west coast, Saldanha bay. Ok £3000 is more or less (Rand) R35 000 - R40 000, how long will you be staying in SA? And you know that's its winter during May - August. But it's nothing like the UK winter, still loads to do though. Cities are quite expensive, do go to Cape Town, table Mountain, do a wine tour in stellenbosch, visit some beaches, do a wild life tour, there are plenty affordable ones which you could still see the big5 - do not go for the first best one you see... It might not be the best. South Africa is a amazing country, you won't regret it at all. You will find that drinks are cheaper and food as well. But if you are traveling you should try and stay as cheap as possible. Make use of markets and do bribe (street markets only) :-) oh and don't dress like a foreigner lol be casual but aware... Even in the streets of London they pick pocket.. So yeah you must've heard that SA is dangerous "bullsh*t" it's only dangerous when you are careless. But you will love it there it has a rustic vibe.. I live SA especially the west coast. Peace and enjoy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats amazing! Thanks so much for all the help!

I've booked now, going on 1st of July too!

ReputationRep:
    That's awesome I just booked my flights which has made me get really excited

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.