Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone, erm not sure if there is a thread for buss1 or I just couldn't find it!:confused: anyway hows everyone's revision going?

anyway does anyone have the MAY 2012 BUSS1 EXAM PAPER?! if anyone does please post it on here asap! thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    im almost done with the revision, just need to go over it and memorise the key terms and do past papers... does any one know how to apply the case study to your answer :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MehvishM)
    hey everyone, erm not sure if there is a thread for buss1 or I just couldn't find it!:confused: anyway hows everyone's revision going?

anyway does anyone have the MAY 2012 BUSS1 EXAM PAPER?! if anyone does please post it on here asap! thank you in advance
    is it an easy exam am panicking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeh342)
    is it an easy exam am panicking
    your not the only one! me too! have to say though it isn't that challenging with the content.. my biggest problem is the structure of the answers if you get what i mean...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examstressed)
    im almost done with the revision, just need to go over it and memorise the key terms and do past papers... does any one know how to apply the case study to your answer :s
    seems like were on the same page im going through past papers ...

how to apply the case study to your answers:
    well we were told to for every point made make sure you refer back to the case study = application, this then backs up what you write and helps your judgement or point become stronger.

so make a point- do the pros with references from the case study then cons with again relevant points to back up from case study - what it leads to- what it depends on and finally an overall conclusion...
    hope this helps a little....

ReputationRep:
    your not the only one! me too! have to say though it isn't that challenging with the content.. my biggest problem is the structure of the answers if you get what i mean...
    Yeah am still going through content. I am looking at the philip allan book for help for exam papers and hoping that should be enough. Its question 2 that has all big answers, which consist of analysis where you argue a few points then there is evaluation where you say it would depend on... which is where you question assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why but finding business hard to revise for. The finance bit confuses me a little, especially if it's a question to do with changing the break even line.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah am still going through content. I am looking at the philip allan book for help for exam papers and hoping that should be enough. Its question 2 that has all big answers, which consist of analysis where you argue a few points then there is evaluation where you say it would depend on... which is where you question assumptions.
    yeaah section 2 is the one that gets me -____- ... im using the AQA business studies for AS by Ian Marcouse which is really good with questions on each topic at the end to test yourself, could have a look at that if you need to..

ReputationRep:
    yeaah section 2 is the one that gets me -____- ... im using the AQA business studies for AS by Ian Marcouse which is really good with questions on each topic at the end to test yourself, could have a look at that if you need to..
    Oh I'm using that! Do you mean where he points out issues for analysis and evaluation, are they what we could be tested on? Do you like that book, it has a lot of waffle but its interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm using that! Do you mean where he points out issues for analysis and evaluation, are they what we could be tested on? Do you like that book, it has a lot of waffle but its interesting.
    i means like towards the end of a chapter it gives exercises with revision questions which is helpful .. i think everything within the book when condensed down is goood but yeah i agree some of its not necessary but have to say I do like the book its very good in some areas and with the definitions!

i have sort of got an idea what may come up.. there's a tracker thing which shows what has come up in exams previously and shows the trends of the questions which is helpful might be useful to check it out...

ReputationRep:
    i means like towards the end of a chapter it gives exercises with revision questions which is helpful .. i think everything within the book when condensed down is goood but yeah i agree some of its not necessary but have to say I do like the book its very good in some areas and with the definitions!

i have sort of got an idea what may come up.. there's a tracker thing which shows what has come up in exams previously and shows the trends of the questions which is helpful might be useful to check it out...
    Do you have any notes condensed on the computer you could send me as I am just relying on book at the moment and what's this tracker thing?

ReputationRep:
    i have notes condensed down on paper only sorry :P its quicker to remember than typing it out .. but i do have the 50 key word definitions if you want... but you can ask me on here if you need any help on anything .. and ill send you the link on here asap for the tracker- its where it shows you all the exams previously done and what topic has come up in what year .. so you can predict what may come up haha but i wouldn't rely on it completely

ReputationRep:
    i have notes condensed down on paper only sorry :P its quicker to remember than typing it out .. but i do have the 50 key word definitions if you want... but you can ask me on here if you need any help on anything .. and ill send you the link on here asap for the tracker- its where it shows you all the exams previously done and what topic has come up in what year .. so you can predict what may come up haha but i wouldn't rely on it completely
    It would be good to look at the link and I know what you mean about paper being easier to remember. I can't decide whether to use the textbook or revision guide

ReputationRep:
    It would be good to look at the link and I know what you mean about paper being easier to remember. I can't decide whether to use the textbook or revision guide
    yeah once i find it again I will post it on here and I would say because its close to the exam just use past papers, your notes and if you have to refer back to check something or revise use the textbook.. thats my preference I don't find the revision guide useful in business ...

ReputationRep:
    yeah once i find it again I will post it on here and I would say because its close to the exam just use past papers, your notes and if you have to refer back to check something or revise use the textbook.. thats my preference I don't find the revision guide useful in business ...
    Good idea, whats wrong with revision guides??? I can't pinpoint what it is but I know they are useless. Thanks a lot for helping me

ReputationRep:
    its cool anytime and its because the information is quite condensed down and not enough detail if you want a lower grade thier good enough and do the job but for a good grade you need the text book where it goes through everything with lots of detail which is why revision guides are allot more thinner then textbooks...

ReputationRep:
    its cool anytime and its because the information is quite condensed down and not enough detail if you want a lower grade thier good enough and do the job but for a good grade you need the text book where it goes through everything with lots of detail which is why revision guides are allot more thinner then textbooks...
    Yeah there is this one thats crap. There is this one that has far too condensed information but at the end of the chapter it suggests how you could be tested which is useful and has exam practice paper examples. Are you doing economics as well?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there is this one thats crap. There is this one that has far too condensed information but at the end of the chapter it suggests how you could be tested which is useful and has exam practice paper examples. Are you doing economics as well?
    yeah i get what you mean... and no im not i wanted to but then decided not to what other subjects you taking?

HAPPY NEW YEAR :P

ReputationRep:
    yeah i get what you mean... and no im not i wanted to but then decided not to what other subjects you taking?

HAPPY NEW YEAR :P
    Happy new year to you!

I am doing economics and I just have two more exams left in my maths. My economics has helped quite a bit with it. What subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Happy new year to you!

I am doing economics and I just have two more exams left in my maths. My economics has helped quite a bit with it. What subjects are you doing?
    Thank you ... and yeah economics and business is a good combo..I’m doing a mix range of subjects art, IT, Biology, business and physics..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.